Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info

HJ winter tunic for a scharführer

Here's my winter tunic :) When I got it 8 months ago it had the wrong straps for a Hauptgefolgschaftsführer and relevant lanyard, but they weren't matching with the district triangle. Finally I found a new pair of straps and lanyard. I am quite satisfied by the result. What do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images

I think it's absolutely beautifull Matt

Yes that is really nice

Hi, looks very nice and well done in getting the set finished, but id like to add that this i belive is a DJ leaders service jacket, allways confusing i must admit, from 1937 HJ straps and arm band being introduce for these leaders to be worn. . im just interested in wether the loop is on the back for the belt to go through and the two ramps either side to carry the belt, from your shot, is there a fourth button hole at the bottom ? and how many belt ramps at the front, looks like 2 but maybe some missing or hid behind the sleves, any eveidence of the material being cut and sewn over at the bottom edging?? and have the belt ramps been reinforced?? This would be interesting to know zeller as ive never come across one before thats of the usual pattern given out in HJ manuals, i find that there sre cut downs or DAF reussed. ive got this niggling feeling thou of seeing a jacket like yours in a period photo of some HJ boys being trained in berlin, ill have to try and locate. cheers for now pete.

Hi Pete, there are 5 hooks (Ramps?), 2 on the front and 3 on the back. It has a silk lining on the inside and from the finish definitely it has not been shortened.
    Not sure on what you mean for a belt loop, but I don't see any? There are 3 buttons only . matt

I think these HJ kids are wearing the same bluse
    Last edited by zeller; 7th July 2009 at 08:22 PM.

this isnt the standard HJ winter blouse, never seen any standard HJ stuff with silk lining,did they wear these short winter jackets late war as i cant find any pics of them , or is pete more in the right direction
    Last edited by stuart; 7th July 2009 at 08:31 PM.

the kids in the pic are wearing the standard winter blouse which is very diff from yours, have not got a pic of mine handy but heres a pic from angolias book, you can clearly sdee the diff
    Last edited by stuart; 7th July 2009 at 08:37 PM.

here's a quick shot of the inside of the bluse

hi matt
    if you look at the pic i posted tnen at the kids pic you posted you can see they are wearing the same note the button configuration and how diff this is to yours

Hi Stu , yes now I noticed that it's different. I quickly looked at the books I have and couldn't see any similar one. This leaves me with the doubt...what is it? The triangle appears to be stitched there period.
    Maybe Pete could clear this

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast