Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Humped up HJ Winterbluse with "Ost Ostsee" triangle

This one is listed here:
    germanmilitariacollectibles com

Incorrectly described as "HJ Blue Winter Dress Uniform, Flying Suit". It has what appears to be an original "Ost/Ostsee" triangle on it, red piped and numbered general HJ shoulder straps from Bann 507 Wien/West, and includes an obviously bad cap and some odd looking trousers. The triangle looks like it has a chance from the poor photos, better photos would confirm, but a scarce triangle. Listed price is $800 USD. Even though it's an incorrectly assembled restoration, the sum of the original parts would easily equal that amount IMO. I've not seen an "Ost/Ostsee" triangle for sale for some years now.

Please login to view user info
    I would need a better photo of the Ostsee triangle to give an educated opinion ... from the photo so far , I do not like it .

I would want to see better photos for sure. The photos on the site are bad quality. Personally I would not confirm or condemn the triangle from the photos shown, better photos would be needed for me. That site is a minefield, some good items, lots of junk. Do not buy there unless you really know your items IMO.

looks hand embroidered and the weave to the black backing is all wrong compared with know original bevo examples, jmo :)

Quote Originally Posted by HJ-collector View Post
    looks hand embroidered and the weave to the black backing is all wrong compared with know original bevo examples, jmo :)
    Hi Ewan,

yes you are right. The triangle "Ost-Ostsee" has never existed. So this triangle is a 100% fake and fakers don't even respect the location. This is dreadful and sickening for the collection !

Best Regards

Eric
    Nord ostsee1 petit.jpg

the material it is embroidered on is not correct

thanks for the info Eric!

Yikes, get this when i try and get on that site...

yikes.JPG

Hallo Jo,me too!

You can safely ignore that message in this case guys. The message is caused by the fact that germanmilitaria and hostgator (germanmilitaria is hosted on hostgator) are sharing an SSL certificate. Not a problem though. Just click "I understand the risks" and then "Add exception" then click another button to confirm the exception. The site will display correctly then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast