Kletterweste with HJ armband but without collar

Thanks Received
Hi folks once again need two items vetted before going up for sale. The first appears to be a BDM KLETTERVEST with no collar. The other appears to be Austrian or Hungarian AND IS BEING PUT FORWARD AS A youth SHIRT but certainly not HJ or dj. Thanks for your help :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Those look suspiciously like the type of pictures used by a certain dealer. My apologies for any incorrect assumptions but why haven't they posted the stuff for vetting themselves?

Hi Garry he runs some items through me as he does not belong to any sites.He genuinely trys to keep junk off his site in Canada and for that will always work with him.Paul

He sells militaria but doesn't belong to any sites? :lol: Okay Paul, cheers. So it's Peter Whamond?

It's good to see a dealer at least asking for opinions before selling but why doesn't he show a little respect and post the items himself and also let the members know that it is him? I can hardly believe, like Garry says, that this guy isn't a member of any forums but still sells militaria. Doesnt make sense and perhaps that's why nobody is replying on this thread?? He hasn't even supplied good photos of the items. Anyway..I don't know anything about the first item but the kletterjacke without collar is dodgy in my opoinion. The armband suggests that the jacket was worn by a male but these were only worn early in the period by males and I have never seen a pic of a HJ wearing one without a collar. The armband at that time was normally worn loose around the arm and not stitched like this one. You can see that in countless photos. I also don't like seeing badges because it smacks too much of the seller trying to give the illusion that everything is definitely "old" and "original". In my opinion this is a standard kletterjacke that had the collar removed for post-war civilian use and that was eventually humped up through the addition of the badge and armband.

Okay Thanks for the comments guys I agree also with Cracks comment it must be post war jumped up. What disappoints me is we have a dealer here who wants to keep his site clean and that IMO should be embraced. The fact he belongs to no sites is his choice nothing I would question knowing him on.

IMO it's a good thing that he's at least asking someone like Paul who has no stake in any dealer business for thoughts on items. I know Jeff Hammond used to help him quite a bit when he was active. Hopefully he takes the advice given to him when he asks for it.

Okay Thanks for the comments guys I agree also with Cracks comment it must be post war jumped up. What disappoints me is we have a dealer here who wants to keep his site clean and that IMO should be embraced. The fact he belongs to no sites is his choice nothing I would question knowing him on.

Don't get me wrong guys, I agree with you that it's good to see a dealer actively seeking assistance. I just think getting items vetted makes him no better than the avereage forum Joe who sucks up information without ever contributing any of his own. I assume that Mr Whamond must have some knowledge about HJ collectables that would be useful for the forum. That's all I meant.

Back