my Hitler Youth sports vest

Thanks Received
heres my treasure:) thought id share it

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice shirt Phil.

Just for general info this is one of the three variations you'll see of these HJ/DJ sports shirts.

Type 1 (the oldest type) had the cloth diamond sewn to the chest. This type was replaced for the HJ/DJ in accordance with regulations dated 1.7.1938 by:

Type 2 - red band woven into the shirt with a seperately applied swastika or:

Type 3 - had two HJ armbands applied (with the second armband on the rear of the shirt without white quadrant and swastika).

The 1938 regulation is seems odd to me because it permits two methods of showing the red band. Unfortunately there is no reason given for this so I'm wondering whether the sports shirts themselves were not subject to RZM approval at the time of the regulation? Does anyone have a type 1 shirt with RZM tag?

great info garry thank you , i was unaware of that. and stuart, sadly there is no rzm tag, long gone im affraid. it cost me a hundred pounds a while ago, but had to have it, so hopefully, in a few more years time it will be right :) i have a BDM group to die for that ive researched, and i am going to show later , i have her 3 diaries and all paperwork including tram ticket, train ticket, ausweiss, newspaper cuttings of her at a madel fair, and the list goes on. im going to enjoy it here, thank you for having me,:)

hi phil
would love to see that bdm set if you get chance post some pics

Nice sports shirt , thank youfor posting .

Thanks for the info,i dident know that:huh: thought there was onley one pattern...
-Thx....
Nice shirt Phil.

Just for general info this is one of the three variations you'll see of these HJ/DJ sports shirts.

Type 1 (the oldest type) had the cloth diamond sewn to the chest. This type was replaced in accordance with regulations dated 1.7.1938 by:

Type 3 - had two HJ armbands applied (with the second armband on the rear of the shirt without white quadrant and swastika).

The 1938 regulation is seems odd to me because it permits two methods of showing the red band. Unfortunately there is no reason given for this so I'm wondering whether the sports shirts themselves were not subject to RZM approval at the time of the regulation? Does anyone have a type 1 shirt with RZM tag?

I was looking on line at those sports shirts just yesterday thinking how cool they are!

Very nice Phil :thumbup1:

Did you ever show that BDM group you mentioned?

Nick

Hitler Youth sports vest

An example of the HJ-Sportshirt.

Duits

Attachments

Nice shirt Phil.

Type 1 (the oldest type) had the cloth diamond sewn to the chest. This type was replaced in accordance with regulations dated 1.7.1938 by:

hi garry i dont think you would be able to find a type 1 shirt with rzm do you?

cheers ewan

The type 1 existed during the RZM period Ewan so it's possible that you might find one for sale somewhere.

The type 1 existed during the RZM period Ewan so it's possible that you might find one for sale somewhere.

aah garry cheers for that! wouldnt mind finding 1st type one with rzm tag or the 3rd type vest.

trouble is i have only seen one 1st type for sale and it was here, does anyone here have the 1st or 3rd type in there collection they could show us?? i love that full vest type stu has i would die my air pink for that! :laugh:

Last edited:
This was taken in the summer of 1938 around the time when the 'Type 2/3' vest was being introduced. As you can see he has the diamond over the left chest instead of central and on a civilian t-shirt. Just one of those oddities you see

Attachments

Back