Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

my Hitler Youth sports vest

heres my treasure:) thought id share it

Attached Images Attached Images

very nice phil has it still got its rzm tag?

Nice shirt Phil.

Just for general info this is one of the three variations you'll see of these HJ/DJ sports shirts.

Type 1 (the oldest type) had the cloth diamond sewn to the chest. This type was replaced for the HJ/DJ in accordance with regulations dated 1.7.1938 by:

Type 2 - red band woven into the shirt with a seperately applied swastika or:

Type 3 - had two HJ armbands applied (with the second armband on the rear of the shirt without white quadrant and swastika).

The 1938 regulation is seems odd to me because it permits two methods of showing the red band. Unfortunately there is no reason given for this so I'm wondering whether the sports shirts themselves were not subject to RZM approval at the time of the regulation? Does anyone have a type 1 shirt with RZM tag?

great info garry thank you , i was unaware of that. and stuart, sadly there is no rzm tag, long gone im affraid. it cost me a hundred pounds a while ago, but had to have it, so hopefully, in a few more years time it will be right :) i have a BDM group to die for that ive researched, and i am going to show later , i have her 3 diaries and all paperwork including tram ticket, train ticket, ausweiss, newspaper cuttings of her at a mädel fair, and the list goes on. im going to enjoy it here, thank you for having me,:)

hi phil
    would love to see that bdm set if you get chance post some pics

im taking phots now, will post ASAP , thanks for interest

Nice sports shirt , thank youfor posting .

very nice sport shirt Paul

Thanks for the info,i dident know that thought there was onley one pattern...
    -Thx....
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Nice shirt Phil.

Just for general info this is one of the three variations you'll see of these HJ/DJ sports shirts.

Type 1 (the oldest type) had the cloth diamond sewn to the chest. This type was replaced in accordance with regulations dated 1.7.1938 by:

Type 2 - red band woven into the shirt with a seperately applied swastika or:

Type 3 - had two HJ armbands applied (with the second armband on the rear of the shirt without white quadrant and swastika).

The 1938 regulation is seems odd to me because it permits two methods of showing the red band. Unfortunately there is no reason given for this so I'm wondering whether the sports shirts themselves were not subject to RZM approval at the time of the regulation? Does anyone have a type 1 shirt with RZM tag?

By the way...good looking shirt, great condition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast