Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    I was looking on line at those sports shirts just yesterday thinking how cool they are!

Very nice Phil

Did you ever show that BDM group you mentioned?

Nick

Hitler Youth sports vest

An example of the HJ-Sportshirt.

Duits
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by duits View Post
    This is the HJ-Sportshirt.

Duits
    hi duits thats a very nice piece and i have to get one of these for the collection.

regards ewan

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Nice shirt Phil.

Just for general info this is one of the three variations you'll see of these HJ/DJ sports shirts.

Type 1 (the oldest type) had the cloth diamond sewn to the chest. This type was replaced in accordance with regulations dated 1.7.1938 by:

Type 2 - red band woven into the shirt with a seperately applied swastika or:

Type 3 - had two HJ armbands applied (with the second armband on the rear of the shirt without white quadrant and swastika).

The 1938 regulation is seems odd to me because it permits two methods of showing the red band. Unfortunately there is no reason given for this so I'm wondering whether the sports shirts themselves were not subject to RZM approval at the time of the regulation? Does anyone have a type 1 shirt with RZM tag?
    hi garry i dont think you would be able to find a type 1 shirt with rzm do you?

cheers ewan

The type 1 existed during the RZM period Ewan so it's possible that you might find one for sale somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    The type 1 existed during the RZM period Ewan so it's possible that you might find one for sale somewhere.
    aah garry cheers for that! wouldnt mind finding 1st type one with rzm tag or the 3rd type vest.

trouble is i have only seen one 1st type for sale and it was here, does anyone here have the 1st or 3rd type in there collection they could show us?? i love that full vest type stu has i would die my air pink for that! :laugh:
    Last edited by HJ-collector; 21st June 2010 at 09:21 PM.

Edit: sorry, posted to wrong thread, please go here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 12th March 2012 at 09:57 AM.

Really interesting. So maybe some "cut" armbands were sewn on sports shirts!

Hello,
    see also the last quiz. Yes, maybe that one sees for that reason cut armbands.

This was taken in the summer of 1938 around the time when the 'Type 2/3' vest was being introduced. As you can see he has the diamond over the left chest instead of central and on a civilian t-shirt. Just one of those oddities you see

sportshirt.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast