My unusual new leather knot

Thanks Received
Please have a look at this one! I think it's an early one. The knot came with the new shirt today.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Please dont take this in the wrong way .
I do not like the knot , it seems odd that it is nicely stamped DRGM ...unusual for a non regulation item .

No problem Joe! D.R.G.M. means "Deutsche Reichsgebrauchsmuster". Since 1891 in Germany it was possible for the man on the street to get a patent for 10 years. Such articles of daily use were often marked D.R.G.M. so why should this practical knot not had been patented. I think the patent was for the main principle of the knot, the swastika was only a design.

Please dont take this in the wrong way .
I do not like the knot , it seems odd that it is nicely stamped DRGM ...unusual for a non regulation item .

No problem Joe! D.R.G.M. means "Deutsche Reichsgebrauchsmuster". Since 1891 in Germany it was possible for the man on the street to get a patent for 10 years. Such articles of daily use were often marked D.R.G.M. so why should this practical knot not had been patented. I think the patent was for the main principle of the knot, the swastika was only a design.

hey sven i like it, it reminds me of the front of the nsdap jugend belt buckles also they are marked D.R.G.M aswell?

could this be for the little kids of the nsdap jugend? i certainly would throw it in the repro box ;)

cheers,Ewan

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Ewan, my knot is from a HJ boy estate, I also have his shirt, some documents and so on.

hey sven i like it, it reminds me of the front of the nsdap jugend belt buckles also they are marked D.R.G.M aswell?

could this be for the little kids of the nsdap jugend? i certainly would throw it in the repro box ;)

cheers,Ewan

hi there,

if I am certain of the origin, I would not doubt it as original, but otherwise this is something i would not buy at a military fair. I hope you understand what I mean, it's way too easy to make one of these nowadays.

That said, it would be interesting to understand what it really was. My opinion is that it wasn't directly linked to DJ/HJ but more probably a "sympathy item". I've collected quite a few of them in the years and they were probably very popular and tolerated at the time, especially amongst new generations.

Back