New HJ shirt with questions

Thanks Received
Hello mates,

here I have one more new shirt - sadly without buttons. My irst questions is which kind of buttons were used for this shirt? I think I will add shoulder boards of a Hj leader because there are loops to attach the boards. My second question: how were the shoulder bottons attached? Because there are small slits were I can put the loop of the button in.

Thanks and regards,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yes, I thought so. Maybe these shirts were made for a longer time? Before and after 45? Also you can see where the district triangle was attached. But it's a really large shirt, my thoughts were that it was a former HJ leader shirt. Your opinion? Which kind of buttons were attached at 50s scouts shirts?

Are you shure it was made before 1945? In my collecting Scouting items I found some shirts like this, dating late 40s and also 50s. Good luck.

I didn't see the trace of the triangel

I didn't see the trace of the triangel. :hYou are right. It is most probably from before 1945, since the Gebietsdreieck or anything similar was not used for up to about 50 years after 1945. There are now (2010) some badges / patches in a triangular shape used by Scouts but nothing in the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. The buttons used on the German scout shirts after 1945 were rarely ever marked. Some older ones (even with rzm marks) where probably used where ever a button has gone lost and a replacement from mothers sewing basket was added. Since there were (and still are) not one but several scout organisations in Germany you can find a wide veriety of different buttons (many sizes, many coloures, many materials, some rarer ones with a Lily on them). Sorry to be no real help to the question whether it might have been a former HJ shirt or maybe a Jungvolk leader's shirt.

Back