NPEA tunic

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
This NPEA tunic was listed on WAF only for aprox 24 hours . Did anyone see this ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I saw it minutes after it was listed. I would have bought it but have funds tied up in a buy. The tunic is an early pattern with later style straps. Perhaps a period upgraded early tunic or a stripped early pattern tunic restored with later pattern straps. Still a bargain for the original tunic and insignia either way. The straps and triangle alone would easily retail for a thousand. Somebody got a bargain on this one IMO.

I got the uniform Daren , It was a vet bring back . The original veteran is still alive and lives in a retirement home . The vets son in law did not know what he had .
I believe the insignia alone is worth around 1, 500 . I will post some photos when I get it in .

Hello Joe,

as Darin said, it is unfortunate that the reassembly is not of the same time.
Here you have an early jacket of 1935 with later shoulder straps, an armband and a triangle of 1938.
I think that this uniform was simply denazified at the end of the war as so many others at the same time,
and then it was restored with items found in the military shows.
However, I like very much the early black stamp for this early NPEA tunic. Superb

Best regards

Eric

Attachments

Since this is a first pattern HJ 4 pocket tunic in light brown with leather buttons , worn from 1933 to 1936... I am going to restore it to the period of about 1935.
I have an early HJ armband that would go nicely with this.

What I need is a pair of pre 1938 NPEA shoulderstraps , I have a pair of post 1938 shoulderstraps that I am willing to trade .

I would leave it as it is. I think this tunic is period modified one!
Also the triangle should be later so don't make a piece of handicraft out of this nice piece!

Since this is a first pattern HJ 4 pocket tunic in light brown with leather buttons , worn from 1933 to 1936... I am going to restore it to the period of about 1935.
I have an early HJ armband that would go nicely with this.

What I need is a pair of pre 1938 NPEA shoulderstraps , I have a pair of post 1938 shoulderstraps that I am willing to trade .

Hello Sven,

I understand what you mean and I think that Joe will leave it as it is as long as he will not find the necessary parts.
We must be realistic, this tunic deserves a better reconstruction ( reassembly ). You know as well as me that this uniform is a relic!
Here is exactly what is needed for NPEA straps.

Best regards

Eric

Attachments

Hi Eric,

outstanding board!
I think that it's possible that the tunic was not restored but modified in 1937 as the new boards were introduced, because the tunic itself was still in excellent condition. So it is a period and authentic piece in my opinion.

With the best wishes,
Sven

Hi Eric,

outstanding board!
I think that it's possible that the tunic was not restored but modified in 1937 as the new boards were introduced, because the tunic itself was still in excellent condition. So it is a period and authentic piece in my opinion.

With the best wishes,
Sven

Sven,

I don't think that the tunic was modified because it has always the leather buttons.....!.From 1937, only metal buttons compulsorily.....!
Here are some pictures of Plön from my collection.

Best regards

Eric

Attachments

I just got the NPEA tunic in from FedEX . What I can tell you all is this ...... the tunic , the insignia and the sewing are all period .
This uniform is incredible and now is the highlight of my collection .
I will post some photos soon . Hopefully tomarrow .

Hello everybody
this is already some time that I hear about WAF?
I was under the impression that this was an other forum (Wehrmacht Award Forum)
Was I wrong?
If so, could somebody show me light and guide me to this site?:help:

To Joe;
WOW man, that must be the catch of the year, for you.
As stated earlier, the value alone of the triangle and the boards must made it worth while to get your hands on this tunic.:good:

Thx
wizardelf
:belgium

Ok,
so I was right.
I do not like this forum. Doesn't look at all userfriendly at first glance.
I wasn't aware they put also items on sale.
Thx for the reply.
wizardelf
:belgium

This community is much more friendly and members are more helpful here, especially with HJ. We also have some fantastic researchers here like Jo, Wim, Garry, and others that read German and share information freely with members. Most of the HJ posts on the WAF are the "what is this, is it real, what's it worth" type posts IMO.

Congrats on the Tunic! I saw it only 2 minutes after it was listed. I was very tempted to buy it but I just couldn't spare the cash at the time...

Joe, congratulations, that was a great catch!!! It is indeed a great tunic. And it tastes better when the price is even cheaper. Well done.

Also, I would like to back up the words from DArin. Indeed, there is less movement going on in this forum when you compare it with the WAF, but the quality and knowledge in this forum is just top class. And, of course, people here are just nice, helpful, patience and skillful.

Regards

Antonio

Back