Opinions on this Winter jacket, please

Thanks Received
I have a chance to purchase this winter jacket; can anyone tell me if this looks okay?

Thanks, Richard

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

mabey with some close up fotos of the jacket, its hard too tell from that pic.
the shoulder board dont match the area triangle as i see it, but thats no reson for it , not to be genuine. :blush:

The blouse is good :thumbup1:, but to make it right you will need to match the shoulderstrap numbers to the district triangle or vice-versa .:lol:

The straps are slip ons so changing them out will be easy. I am eyeing this one as well, I have straps to match the triangle!

its looks like it was a stripped down top and all the insignia has been added to make it more appealing

its looks like it was a stripped down top and all the insignia has been added to make it more appealing

In my opinion ,95% of German uniforms of all services have been restored .

If one is to restore a tunic , then take in mind the condition of the uniform .
To be true to the restoration , it would be wise to not only restore the uniform to what it originally was ; but to restore it with insignia that shows the same wear and condition as the uniform .
Youself and future owners of the uniform will appreciate the accuracy of your efforts .
Some collectors frown on knowning that a uniform has been restored :(:cursing:, :thumbdown: I say why not restore a stripped tunic ...:thumbup1: This stuff is yours and you all can do with it what you want .
I love my collection but I dont worship it like it was the Holly Grail .
I have aprox. 50 uniforms in my collection from all services and have owned around 250 over the past 38 years . Out of the 250 uniforms that I have had , I would say 235 have been restored with at least a breast eagle restitched to it or shoulderstraps added . If done correctly then congratulations ...you have a keeper for your bunker room .

Last edited:
i agree totally joe i currently have a winter top and a summer shirt that need shoulder boards if i find the correct numbers i will add them,

what i was getting at was that the seller has probably put on whatever he had in hand just so he couls sell the tp for more as the tops with no insignia tend to sell quite cheaply

Agree with what both Stu and Joe say here. Very tough to find untouched uniforms. As long as done as Joe says and sold on as such I have no problems restoring uniforms. It just annoys me when sellers say "untouched original never messed with etc."

looks like a good DJ winter bluse with non matching HJ straps and triangle. I would strip it down and restore it with aDJ triangle and single strap.

Back