Question about HJ Traditionsarmdreieck (traditions triangle)

Thanks Received
Hi Guys

can you tell me what rank or distinction a braid or litze on the Traditionsarmdreieck signifies?

Thanks
Geof

Hi there,

The braid was known as "Traditionsarmabzeichen" and it signified the wearer's membership of the Hitler Youth movement prior to the 30th of Jan 1933. It had to be applied for and the wearer also received a certificate authorising him/her to wear the Traditionsarmabzeichen.

Application form:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Award certificate:

Attachments

Good work Gary, thanks. I got all copy and pasta over the name of it. I am attempting to assemble an HJ uniform for a oberscharfuhrer id card that I have and this was in amongst all his paperwork. The Bann number is 539 and the triangle is for Sudost Oberdonau. Is this consistent IYO?

Cheers
Geof

No probs Geof. Our Full Member Gold subscribers have, among other things, access to a number of complete Bann number lists beginning with 1933 that give the Bann names and the matching HJ Gebiet. You can read more about the Gold subscriber account here.

However, yes that is the matching triangle for Bann 539 :thumb:

Sounds like you have an interesting project there. If you need any assistance with info please let us know.

Yeah, I bought a lot from a place in Germany a few years ago. It was a winter uniform tunic and a pair of winter trousers, a brown summer shirt, but the one with the buttons all the way down. The summer shirt has no badges beyond the triangle and the shoulder boards. They are 539 as well but there was also oberscharfuhrer boards to the same bann, uniform removed so I am not clear on what I have. I was going to assemble some of the other accessories like the straps, neckchief and knot and put it all together on a half manniken but I want to get the period correct as there are so many changes to be aware of. This guy has that band on his triangle so he must have been in prior to 1933.

Do you happen to know what they wore under those dark blue tunics? Was it an undershirt or was it the summer shirt. I imagine they'd be quite scratchy otherwise.

Do you happen to know what they wore under those dark blue tunics? Was it an undershirt or was it the summer shirt. I imagine they'd be quite scratchy otherwise.

That's right Geof. Your Oberscharführer would have worn the standard brown shirt under his Winterbluse.

Welcome to the HJ Forum Geof. Glad you have come over to ask your questions from the WAF.

Oh yeah, well I love the WAF guys but you folks seem to be the real deal on HJ!

Thanks for the really useful info

Cheers
Geof

Back