Rare HJ Leader short jacket (HJ Führerbluse)

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I got outbid at 888 euro , congratulations to the high bidder , I hope it is someone from this forum .
Winning bid:
EUR 893.00+EUR 25.00 shipping
Approximately US $1,015.97(including shipping)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I do have one of these but with an unexposed button front (like a Luft fleigerblouse) . I believe this pattern is a later war version with the exposed button front .

I am not sure what to think about this "late war" model. I'd love to see clear period photos or some regulation about it.

This item is also discussed on the WAF currently. It seems okay to me but I can also see Lauri's concerns about not seeing a regulation for this item.

Two photos showing HJ mid level leaders wearing the short jacket with unexposed front .

Attachments

Hello,

Here is my contribution (to the same thread) on WAF :

... As I wrote "This is a not often seen original item in perfect condition". It seems that this one is a late war simplified construction of the standart HJ Führerbluse (see picture 2). other variants exist (see picture 1).

... and, on the pictures, the "Kinderlandverschickung" executives did not wear a HJ uniform !!! and up until now, I never saw a picture of HJ members wearing this cuff title (see this thread about the involvement of the HJ in the KLV).

Best regards

Attachments

?? I don't see the jacket in post 1 in any of the pictures you posted. Are there any regulations on this jacket? I mean for the type in post 1? How can you be so sure that this is a rare variant?

Hello,

The pictures I sent illustrate the cutting of this garment. The pictures are all in relation with youth.

On picture 2 you can see this kind of jacket but with other buttons. Who knows : Some manufacturers made then with pebbled buttons or If the wearer didn't like the original buttons, he or his girl friend sewed other ones.

On picture 1 you can see this cutting with or without flaps on the pockets.

We speak here about cutting not manufacturers or period details. There were hundreds (or thousands) of garment manufacturers in Germany and in the occupied territories and the largest part of the documents (and other regulations) has been destroyed.

My opinion is that we have here an interesting variant of the HJ-Führerbluse. Wait and see, could say someone else ! And, of course, if you are collector and if you think that some cheater invented this object, do not buy it (if another one comes out) !

Best regards

... and, on the pictures, the "Kinderlandverschickung" executives did not wear a HJ uniform !!! and up until now, I never saw a picture of HJ members wearing this cuff title (see this thread about the involvement of the HJ in the KLV).

Yes, 1941, 1942 and 1943 regulations show that KLV Lagerleiter and teaching personnel uniforms were provided by the NSLB. They were expressly forbidden from making use of clothing/equipment stocks provided by the RJF. HJ and BDM KLV permanent staff (Lagermannschaftsführer, Unterführer and Lagermädelführerin) wore normal uniform and had a system where they could apply for replacement uniform items. The "Kinderlandverschickung" CT isn't mentioned in any of the KLV regulations covering nearly 70 pages. This appears to show that the CT is not a "HJ" item but rather NSLB.

hello ,
in 10 years i saw 3 or 4 of this jacket with the same tag and the same bakelit buttons and color.
I never bought one because i never found any original photos in wear .
The possibility of a late war model is not bad .
bertl

Has anyone come across photos of HJ or BDM personnel in uniform wearing the "Kinderlandverschickung" cufftitle? The only photos I can find where this CT is visible are of NSLB teachers.

Only photo in my archive of a Kinderlandverschickung cufftitle in wear while wearing an HJ "pattern" short jacket with front buttons exposed.

Attachments

Thanks Joe,

Wim would know that uniform for certain but I think he is an NSLB teacher, possibly NSLB Lagerleiter (OIC of the camp).

I had a look, but I cannot find the order about the wearing of a dress by the camp-leader.
Do not know where it is, right now. Lately I have more problems with finding information.
I am in the middle of controlling the lay-out for a new book, and simultaneously I am
writing the volumes 6 and 7 for the headgear-series (sorry, they will not include HY).

But here a photo from a camp-leader at the KLV-camp at Sterksel in the Netherlands
from July 1943. Hauptlagerleiter Honsberg, who was a political leader, is wearing a
sort of camp-dress. No cuffband is visible however. Note the short jacket.

The camp at Sterksel was located in the buildings from a convent (I think).
The boys and girls there were guarded by quite a large group for protection,
consisting of police, some army and HY-members. Note the wearing of
Dutch helmets.

Attachments

Last edited:
Lagerleiter uniforms are mentioned in post 11 above Wim. This is noted in an order dated 22.7.1941 (RJF) Reichskassenverwalter. This is why I suspected that the guy Joe shows is wearing NSLB uniform. Later orders talk about teachers receiving cloth for tailoring and in 1943, an order about the use by teachers of NSLB uniform stocks where available. However, I know nothing about NSLB uniforms so couldn't identify one if I tried.

I have no information about uniforms for the NSLB. In some ways they may have
worn something as officials (Beamten), but also about that hardly any information
was given.
The highest graded persons are always a political leader for the NSDAP. For courses
however a special sort of dress is known and shown in one of the Organisationsbuch-
versions. This looks in some ways as worn by KLV.

The information you mention in post 11 I do not have or cannot find it!

Attachments

Just to illustrate the latest message of Wim. I have this photo of students from a Gauschule. They are wearing brown uniforms with the double breasted jacket.

Attachments

Thanks guys. Here is that info on the Lagerleiter/teacher uniforms I was talking about:
This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Back