Seeking for pictures of the light summer HJ Leader jacket.

Thanks Received
Hello,

i'm Seeking for pictures of the light summer HJ Leader jacket; if someone as this item in is collection or know about pictures of such an item.

Is their one or 2 different pattern? In the anglia book about HJ, volume 1, page 59 we can see a picture with the jacket with inner lowest pocket, did another pattern with lowest exterior pocket exist?

Many thanks for any help about this.

Regards

ADM

Hello,

here the pictures from the jacket I believe belongs to HJ officier for summer camp uniform.

regards

ADM

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

As far as I know there was no "summer weight" HJ leader uniform. Is there anything in the regulations about them?

As far as I know there was no "summer weight" HJ leader uniform

I am not sure about this. I do not have the time for looking extensively,
maybe Garry knows more about this? There anyway was mentioned
"neuer HJ-Trikot"!
But I know and I am sure for the Deutsches Jungvolk there were jackets
for leaders in summer, as well as winter finish (DJ-Führerbluse in Sommer-
und Winterausführung).
This is stated in the 1938 RZM manufacturing-regulations.

I had a look and there is nothing in the Vorschriftenhandbuch about a summer or lightweight version without lining. I don't see anything in the RJF Verordnungsblätter / Mitteilungsblätter about such an item either.

The leader Dienstrock is described in the 1936 RZM manufacturing regulations as having a lining and later in the RJF Vorschriftenhandbuch (large 1938 order concerning new dress regulations) the lining is also mentioned (see pic below). Having said that, this item was made to measure by authorised tailors so an argument could be made I suppose that some had a version tailored for summer without the lining. I don't know but it wouldn't have worn well as it would have snagged on the shirt and then there is the matter of applying an RZM label to an item that actually didn't satisfy the regulation in full. That doesn't mean that a Dienstrock without a lining isn't from the period but Angolia seems to suggest that it was an official item but that isn't actually borne out by the regulations I'm looking at here.

Certainly as far as the regulations are concerned I don't see any mention of a summer-weight Dienstrock so we can only speculate as to why Angolia is so sure that it was an official item.

The dress regulations in the RJF Vorschriftenhandbuch list exactly which items belonged to which form of dress in summer and winter and there is no distinction made between the Dienstrock in either season.

In 1938, a special DJ leader Dienstrock in the same cut and style as the HJ version but in marine blue was introduced. However, that order was rescinded in Feb 1939 by a new order stating that DJ leaders were to wear the HJ version but with a special rune patch (see pic below).

Attachments

Back