Shirt/ boards question.

Thanks Received
Hello, I am pretty new to the subject of insignia and the HJ in general.
I have been looking at a shirt on a dealers website. Its particularly of interest to me as its from an area in Germany my girlfriends family live, Stuttgart. The sleeve triangle is present with Sud Württemberg. It also has Landdienst hj cuff title. The shirts boards are missing, and although the buttons are marked 4 to hold the boards on, there are no loops at the outer shoulders to loop the boards through.
So my question is, how would boards be fitted to the shirt?
or should the shirt have loops? Were there straight sewn on types as well as the strapped type of shoulder boards?
Does any alarm bells ring regarding any of the info?
I will try to get some pics if this helps. In the meantime, any help here will be greatly appreciated.

regards John

Thanks a lot, thats a very informative article.
I appreciate the information. I will have a good read tonight when I get home after work.

regards John

In addition to the info contained in Darin's very good article I would just add the following:

There were two different types of shoulder insignia: shoulder straps (Schulterklappen) and shoulder boards (Schulterstücke). The former were worn by normal members and those in lower and middle leadership positions. The latter were worn by the higher leaders (Führerkorps) which encompassed the rank range Gefolgschaftsführer/Fähnleinführer to Stabsführer).

Both the shoulder strap and the shoulder board were produced in two versions:

• permanent sew-in type (no securing flap)

• removable with securing flap.

The shoulder straps and boards without the securing flap were designed to be sewn into the seam at the shoulder of all uniform items with the following exceptions:

Shoulder straps with the securing flap were designed for wear on the Winterbluse.

Shoulder boards with the securing flap were designed for wear on the rain coat. The shoulder boards for the raincoat also had a special screw-on button.

This is what the regulations state but I'm sure someone will have pictures of someone flouting the rules :)

Hi, I wanted to thank you both very much for the help regarding the types of shoulderboards. I have learned a lot here. So now after scouring the forum for all the relevant info, I am after several sets of boards, I think these may prove difficult in some instances, particularly ones marked 180 for HohenAsperg, Ulm 120 and Stuttgart 119, which would go with the shirt I have now purchased (and the area I have went to for the past four years on holiday). The others I am looking for are from Brünn 490 (my father in laws district, as I have a picture of him in his HJ uniform where the boards are crystal clear.)
Again, thanks for the help on this one.

regards John:scot

It's tough to find specific Banns when you are searching for them it seems. Check all the Dealers and Ebay, they will eventually turn up. I have a single Nachrichten HJ from Stuttgart in my collection but it's not up for sale at the moment.

Hi there, I know its going to be really hard to find them. I just think it would be cool to try and pick up the others sets if possible, tough I know, still worth a try. I have been scouring ebay and all the dealers sites I know. Weitze seems to be one of the few who have several sets at a time for sale.
Fingers crossed.

kind regards John

Hello.
This is the shirt I think. Nice item!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I almost bought that one last year .
I have straps that match the gebiet triangle but do not want to sell now .

Hi joecool, my preference is for straps for 180 HohenAsperg.
Stuttgart next and Ulm next. No pressure for anyone to sell. I have plenty of time to get something. Besides one day I am sure I will get my hands on them.

Thanks for posting.

regards John

Back