Are these swallows nests from the HJ?

Thanks Received
hello all
just one question
is it HJ or not?
thanks
karl

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

All these I have seen for the HJ have a brown background. The grey blue may also be correct, but I've not seen that color before. Here's a photo of some good ones to compare the ones you show to. This set at Victory Militaria looks just like the set shown in Angolia's HJ.

Welcome to VictoryMilitaria.com - HJ SWALLOW TAIL BAND MEMBERS EPAULETTES $175.00 (Powered by CubeCart)

Attachments

Hi Gefolgschaft,
yes, you are right and the set shown in Angolia's HJ is mine.It comes from Strasbourg, Bann 738.
It is necessary to pay very attention because there are many copies.
Best regards

Hi Karl

Here are a couple of pictures from" Badges and Insignia" of the third reich by Brian davis , maybe of help to you .

steve

Attachments

Widukind, does the set from Victory Militaria in the link look legitimate?

no it doesn't. mine comes from Francis Catella via Helmut Weitze.:001_cool:
I am very glad to have it because many copies circulate in Europe and were made in Tchecoslovaquia in the 80s.

Thanks for the opinion Widukind. I have been tempted by that set because of the price, but your opinion has made me certain they are not for me.

Thanks for the opinion Widukind. I have been tempted by that set because of the price, but your opinion has made me certain they are not for me.

Hi Gefolgschaft,:001_cool:
here is the set from my collection.
Best regards

Attachments

Thanks for showing Widukind. Here's my only music related HJ item.

Attachments

the sallows are luftwaffe all hj were brown back and darin i want that board :laugh:

Hello WIDUKIND

THis is my first post on this forum, and I plan on coming here more to learn and understand items from the Hitler Youth. I collect mostly knives from the HJ, and don't mess with cloth too much. Im responding to the comment you made about my Hj swallow tail band member Epaulettes. Not being rude, but these items came directly out of the wood work from a vets family in Grand Rapids Michigan. I would never buy and item unless i know they are good. Could you please bring some evidence forth or education on why they are fake? I would love to learn more. Thanks and look forward to your reply.

Spencer Victory

hi i dont think anyone is saying they are fake just not hj they are luftwaffe thats all but nice items all the same

Hey u869ss

Thanks for the reply back. I think you have my set mixed up with the first set posted. My set is below on my web site. They have HJ stamps on them, and look right as rain. Gefolgschaft used a link on my web page as a reference to compare the differences between the ones thor62 had posted. He then asked WIDUKIND if the ones on my web site victorymilitaria were legitimate or not. WIDUKIND said they do not look legitimate, and used his as an example of real ones. If these are bad I would like to be educated on why they are so the mistake does not get made again. This set came out of the wood work, and I feel they are %100 right. I look forward to hearing a reply soon.

Spencer VIctory

http://www.victorymilitaria.com/inventory/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=474

Last edited:
hi spencer no these are not luftwaffe:laugh: and look very good to me will try and dig my ones out and post back to you so you can compare but they look ok to me

hi spencer here are my set but cant find pic of the backs but are brown hope this helps

Attachments

I'm confused also, as the ones that Spencer has look just like the ones in Angolia's book. The price is pretty reasonable as well. :confused:

Spencer, welcome to the HJ forum, good to see you here.

Last edited:
Hey Gefolgschaft

Thanks for the kind words, and im very happy to be on this forum. I will post more photos of items I find out of the wood work, or any interesting items from the HJ. The post on here are wonderful and there seems to be some real smart folks here. Thanks, and look forward to spending many hours a week here at this site.

Spencer

Hello WIDUKIND

THis is my first post on this forum, and I plan on coming here more to learn and understand items from the Hitler Youth. I collect mostly knives from the HJ, and don't mess with cloth too much. Im responding to the comment you made about my Hj swallow tail band member Epaulettes. Not being rude, but these items came directly out of the wood work from a vets family in Grand Rapids Michigan. I would never buy and item unless i know they are good. Could you please bring some evidence forth or education on why they are fake? I would love to learn more. Thanks and look forward to your reply.

Spencer Victory

Hi Spencer,
I am sorry but I do not remember having written that your set was not ok.:confused:
I confirmed only that HJ swallow's nests must be brown in the back.
I also say that the red base is velvet aspect and not cotton......
This difference is important because all the copies which I saw were all cotton and the color in the back was black or white......!
I hope that the translation is correct.
Best regards

Back