White BDM shirt

Thanks Received
Hello all. I seek knowledge today on a white BDM shirt located at: original weißes Hemd Bluse BDM Frauen | eBay

Is this shirt real or fake? Something seems off about it me, but I am not very knowledgable in this area. The lower waist buttons don't look right to me. Also the lack of a district triangle. Did they all have them or did some not? I'm not even seeing an indication of there having been one on there at some point. There also aren't any breast pocket buttons on it nor can I see button holes. I have always wanted the real thing and would love to buy one, but it's a lot to spend without being absolutely certain of its originality.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, he says in his blurb that this blouse is for female leaders (Führerinnendienstbluse) and says that this explains the differences to regulation BDM / JM blouses (the item he is selling is most certainly not a regulation BDM / JM other ranks blouse). There was indeed a blouse for leaders but I don't have a picture of it from a primary source. The seller doesn't show a pic either but states confidently that this is the leaders blouse. I have seen the seller (Markus Eifler) described on another forum as selling good items but mixed in with a fair amount of bad. Caution is required as with most volume sellers. Perhaps someone else on the forum has a pic of the female leader blouse?

You would normally see a district triangle on original JM (and BDM) blouses but often, items were used after the war where nazi insignia was of course removed.

I've been looking at a few photos and the collar on the ebay item certainly seems to be a good match for the blouse worn by BDM/JM higher leaders. However, we definitely need to see the blouse in full in a period photo or document otherwise it's just guesswork. Have you asked the seller how he knows that this is a leader blouse? He might name his source publication and then we could have a look ourselves.

Interesting. As Crack says, there definitely was an item with that name but I don't have anything here that describes it in detail. Does anyone else have further info on these blouses?

Back