Thanks Received
These are some DJ Hordenführer Winkel. The regulations regarding this insignia are dated 4, April 1934. The initial regulations did not address any form of underlay, however a regulation dated 24 January 1936 specified that this insignia was to be worn over any specialty sleeve insignia. This regulation also introduced an underlay in the color of the fabric that the insignia was worn on, each side measuring 5cm. The underlay was specified to be worn on the brown shirt but not the blouse or overcoat. The 8mm wide aluminium tress was spaced 2mm from the outer edge of the underlay. The regulations also specified that a "TA" blue RZM tag was to be afixed to the backside. The chevron was worn until April 5, 1939, when the new pattern round ranks fully came into effect. These should not be confused with the "Alter Kämpfer Winkel", which is slightly larger and of a different pattern. Edit, most of this information came from Angolias HJ, so it may not all be correct.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Good ones to bat .
Thanks for posting Darin .

These came in a lot from Detlev. Don't usualy buy there, but this one came up right when I logged on to the update so I grabed it. Got 2 sigrunes, a knot, these, sa collar tabs, and a jungzugfuher patch for a great price. Thanks to some of the guys here I've shared the haul! lol! :D:p

Hey Darin
If you can post some scans of your S/A tabs .

If we are going to post non HJ insignia that is great as these kids all went into one of the regular orginizations so lets get a non HJ insignia sub forum for discussion of our other bits and bobs we pick up :) I love SA collars etc also

Garry set up an Other Collections section just for the other arenas of collecting Paul, would love to see some of your stuff there.:thumbup1:

Here's a photo that shows this insignia in wear. Lifted from EBayDE.

Attachments

Two "auf Köper" and "auf Winterblusenstoff" Hordenführerwinkel. Have you ever seen the "auf Manteltuch/stoff" version?

Attachments

This is the one in the red circle. First time I see it :h

Attachments

I recognize that DJ strap from Jungbann 315. It sold on Jeff Clarke's site for only 250 USD, but I was moments too late to add it to my collection! :Cry:

Edit, most of this information came from Angolias HJ, so it may not all be correct.

It's not bad actually but 1934 is incorrect as the introduction date. The rank of DJ Hordenführer and its equivalent in the HJ (Rottenführer) were announced on the 4th of July 1935 (effective from the 15th of July 1935).

The rank of Hordenführer was not a leadership position but rather a reward for boys who performed particularly well in their duties. Only boys who had been members of the DJ for at least two years were considered for the award. The regulation states that the silver chevron was worn on the lower left arm. No details on the backing material are given in this 1935 order.

Angolia is correct with his 1936 reference where he talks about the positioning of the chevron relative to other insignia worn on the left sleeve. That regulation (RJF Verordnungsblatt IV/3) also mentions the three types of chevron backing material: shirt material (Köper), "Melton" for the winter uniform and "Mantelstoff" available at this time but does not state that these backings were being introduced with the order as Angolia suggests. They may already have been in use but this is unclear. The chevrons (sewn to the appropriate backing material) could be ordered through the RZM.

A large order dated 30.9.1938 (Sonderdruck 7/38) contains information on the new round rank patches for the DJ and states that the old style triangular DJ Hordenführer chevron patch was to remain in use but that it was to be moved from lower left arm to upper right arm (as shown on the photo Darin posted). The chevron is now noted as having an "Alu-Winkel" (aluminium chevron) where previously it had been described simply as "silver". It is also mentioned in this 1938 order that the backing material only came in two colours: "brown" and "blue".

As Angolia says, the triangular Hordenführer patch was discontinued on 5.4.1939 (this was published in Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt VII/6). From that point the DJ Hordenführer wore the dark blue round patch with one chevron that had been introduced in 1938.

Back