Extremely rare Hitler Youth cloth sports patch "HJ"

Thanks Received
An interesting insignia that matches these straps.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Darin ... This insignia seems to be for the sport shirt .

It could be Joe. I've not seen a photo of it in use. It was on Ebay but was quickly pulled due to the wording in the description. I would think it's somewhat scarce.

Check this Darin:

Very early (1931) Hitler Youth sports patch (HJ Reichssportabzeichen)

Proof that the patch existed but the article doesn't mention the actual colours used unfortunately (although the use of coloured stitching is mentioned).

This HJ Reichssportabzeichen patch was indeed for use on the sports shirt.

As far as I know this patch was unknown at the time I made the original post so caution required on any that turn up I would suggest. The one Darin shows will be an extremely rare item if real (which I hope is the case). Did you buy it Darin?

Not mine Garry. It was up on Ebay but pulled quickly due to the descriptor mentioning Hitler probably. I did contact the seller before it was pulled so there is a possibility I could end up with it if the seller replies to my inquiry. Thanks for the addtional information. I should have saved the photo of the reverse but it looked period in it's construction.

Ah yes, you said that further up the page :frusty::001_smile:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that the seller gets in touch Darin. That would be a fantastic catch. Did the seller appear to know what he had?

Ah yes, you said that further up the page :frusty::001_smile:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that the seller gets in touch Darin. That would be a fantastic catch. Did the seller appear to know what he had?

The listing only said "Hitler Youth Patch" and starting bid was 45 USD, so I don't think so Garry. Might be a good catch if someone else has not made an offer already.

Thanks Garry. It looks good from the photos, but really want to do a close hands on inspection. If it's a dud I'm not out much, if it's good it will be a real score.

Yes, a winning deal all around Darin :) Looking forward to reading your assessment once you have it in hand.

Darrin,
Well done! Can't wait to see close up photos. JME

Patch arrived. It checks out good. Passed the burn test, and it's dead under blacklight. Even has a slightly musty smell. Looks like this patch was indeed a score. Here's some more photos.

Attachments

A couple of closer shots.

Attachments

:thumb::clap2::001_tt1::001_cool:

You have scored the winning goal on this one Daren .

Back