Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

HITLER YOUTH CLOTH????

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CLOTH.IT WAS PART OF A BUNCH OF STUFF BROUGHT BACK FROM WW2.IT WAS FOLDED IN A GERMAN IDENTIFICATION BOOK.??

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like some kind of souvenir scarf or handkerchief. What size is it?

Quote Originally Posted by cemifor View Post
    Looks like some kind of souvenir scarf or handkerchief. What size is it?

IT IS 11X10 AND SEEMS TO POSSIBLY BE SILK?

I agree with Henrik. Looks like a souvenir. As to whether it dates from the period I couldn't say as it's the first I've seen. .

Ob es sich um ein Original der Zeit handelt kann ich auch nicht sagen.
    Aber ein schönes Motiv auf jeden Fall.
    Gefällt mir gut.

Handkerchief Taschentuch

I think that we would have seen more of these if they were fakes. I think it is period and probably made during the time when a lot of smaler companies tried to make money by producing souveniers connecting to the party, which was later forbidden.
    By the uniform worn, one who knows could probably nail down a possible year. The castle in the background may also be familiar to someone. It is not necessarily a fantasy castle. I'd think it is Sachsen or Thüringen. Christian

Quote Originally Posted by christianlohmann View Post
    ....By the uniform worn, one who knows could probably nail down a possible year. Christian
    I would say 1933/4 Christian.

I have seen simular cloth like these in the USA .
    During the period from 1900 to the 1930s you could get printed square sized cloth of Baseball Players , Presidents , Indian Chiefs or of someone famous ...... inside select CIGAR boxes .
    Last edited by joecool; 4th June 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christianlohmann View Post
    ... it is period and probably made during the time when a lot of smaler companies tried to make money by producing souveniers connecting to the party, which was later forbidden.
    Christian
    Hi Christian, do you have reference material to back this up? that these kind of Souvenir items were later Forbidden?
    I would have agreed with you up until a while back, and IMHO this has somehow come to be the general accepted rule, that after the NS took over, all Nazi-Kitsch was prohibited. I have started to look into this myself, and until now, have only found black & white proof of the opposite ! Lots of the Kitsch did fade away after the NS were in control, but i have yet to find any direct proof that it was actually forbidden after any certain period/date.

Hitler Youth cloth

I saw this thing on Ebay it is up to 431.00$ with 2 days to go! My God I need to start selling my stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast