Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

HJ BDM Sports Diamond but what is this miniature?

Hello All,
    I have been pulling old boxes of memorabilia out of 'the darkness' to see what is in there.

We are all familiar with the Large sized sports diamond:

This one is pretty cruddy but original, sadly no rzm tag

Attached Images Attached Images

We are all familiar with the patch above and the slightly smaller one. (I did come across the smaller example to post for comparison but I have mislaid it!)
    So I was quite surprised and had completely forgotten the badge below.
    It is very small in comparison and appears to have come from a ribbon of badges:

Has anyone any idea what it could be?

All the best
    Doug

Personally , I dont like the small diamond The larger Diamond was usually used on BDM Jackets or sports clothing , the small BeVo diamonds were used on HJ sidecaps ...I have seen too many insignia with that manfacturing pattern that are reproduction .

Quote Originally Posted by saracen View Post
    We are all familiar with the patch above and the slightly smaller one. (I did come across the smaller example to post for comparison but I have mislaid it!)
    So I was quite surprised and had completely forgotten the badge below.
    It is very small in comparison and appears to have come from a ribbon of badges:

Has anyone any idea what it could be?

All the best
    Doug

Yes, no problems with the large patch but the cap patch looks very strange.

Thanks both for your input.
    After doing a bit of research and looking at what else came with this collection I have a tendancy to lean towards the smaller badge being some sort of WHW badge.

I haven't had time to go through my old WHW books and I think the series is incomplete.

If I come across any more info I'll post it here.

It is interesting what you say Joe about it being a reproduction. Do you have any examples of wither mini originals or reproductions?

In my opinion, I think these small ones did exist. They did come on a ribbon, you are correct with that. If you look at some of the Sommermütze caps you will see what I mean, these are sometimes identical.
    I have a ribbon of these in my collection, but I can't fault them to be honest. I can grab some photos if you want to see part of the ribbon and how it would have looked. Just my 2 cents but I stand to be corrected if not the case.
    Last edited by Kyle B; 16th April 2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Sommermütze and Flakhelfer caps are not the same Kyle! -_-

Here is the rear and front of mine on the ribbon. I am not sure if it is your camera but is it me or does the material look completely different to mine?? I am still unsure of them, I really am.
    I am sticking with original but like I say I am open to any opinion on them, I have had them long enough to not be worried if they turned out to be false.

Hi Kyle,
    nice of you to jump in and thanks for posting your strip of badges.
    That little ribbon does look like an original strip to me and this is how I did imagine the one I posted to have started it's life.
    The make up of the one I posted appears to be a completely different manufacturing technique but I do note that it is similar to the medium sized diamond that I have mislaid. (You know what my collection is like). I will have to make another concerted effort to see if I can locate it.

The one I posted came with at least one printed tin flag and other bits I will dig that box out and post some pictures (I am not too sure but there may be some other HJ kit in amongst this particular collection)

All the best
    Doug

So after some considerable delving into the dark areas of my collection I did find the badge I referred to earlier.

Again this one is of a completely different type of embroidery to the other two.

Last picture is for size comparison but I am sure there is one that falls between the large size and the middle sized one I have pictured.

Notice the odd shaped diamond and swastika in the middle.

Again Kyle looking at this one it too looks as though it was formed in a ribbon!

All the best
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by saracen View Post
    (You know what my collection is like)
    Hello Kyle,
    I did find the small vet collection that the small diamond came with.
    It consisted of a double sided tin plate flag depicting some German regiment, a small printed Reichs Kriegs Fahne, a paper nsdap pennant a set of Brit 2ww medals (from the chap who 'liberated, the German bits) and nothing else really to write home about.

All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast