HJ cloth diamond, used (removed from uniform) compared with unissued

Thanks Received
Hi guys,

I recently posted a new acquisition of a cloth Hj diamond, commonly seen worn by BDM on the sleeve, as well as sports competition shirts.

There is a dealer online who is offering 'unissued' diamonds, complete with RZM tag.

I just received one and thought I would share some photo's and answer any questions anyone may have about condition, etc.

Also, I did have a question about these cloth diamond insignia's. Were there different ones issued for different purposes? Example, I have seen many photos of young BDM with the diamonds on their jacket sleeves such as pictured here that I have supplied....but also on their sports competition shirts.

So here is the dealer's ad for the sale of these diamonds, and they refer to them as 'athletic shirt insignia':

https://www.therupturedduck.com/products/unissued-hitler-youth-athletic-shirt-insignia-from-bolt

So, as a collector, i am just curious if there are more than one 'type' of these cloth dimonds, or if they are all identical, just used for various purposes as needed?

Keep in mind, I am just a collector trying absorb as much information about my hobby as possible, not to accuse any dealer of dishonesty or anything like that.

So here is my used one removed from a shirt/jacket..

You don't have permission to view attachments.

And here is the unissued one just received from the online dealer:

And side by side:

Here are a few used in differing purpoes. They look the same to me, so I was just wondering if somebody knew for sure. i am currently thinking that they were the same construiom

Thanks for looking!
-Craig

Attachments

Back