Marine HJ Cap Tally from Bann 355, Ahr, West/Westmark

Very interesting discussion Wilhelm and Dani. Do we now have agreement from both of you on the designations of the Form 2 tallies, meaning Dani's interpretation of the issue? It is not exactly clear to me at this point.

By the way, here is a tally/cap in my collection of the home made MHJ tally that Dani was talking about. I will note that while I have quite a few complete caps (11),not all came my way as a complete cap. In some cases I married a MHJ tally with a MHJ cap, but all the parts are period.

This tally is 2/508 KLOSTERNEUBURG 2/508

John

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
And a rare gold on black MHJ tally and the silver Chemnitz tally on black that Dani referred to. Both from my collection. I hope this helps the other members.

John

Attachments

Wilhelm, just so you know, my MHJ collection of single tallies, caps and visor has been integrated into Dani's master list. In other words, Dani is aware of all tallies and MHJ photos in my collection.

John

Another nice item I picked up at the Pamona show today. A full length MHJ Cap Tally from Bann 355 Ahr, West/Westmark. It's in fantastic condition, when it was pulled from under the table I had to buy it. I think it would look awesome displayed with some MHJ straps.

Congratulations. I swear, in 15 years I never see anything MHJ at Pomona. Then I skip it for the first time and I miss this. We should have driven up together!!!! Anyway, good for you and I am glad you spotted it for the right home. Better than letting it get away.

John

Congratulations. I swear, in 15 years I never see anything MHJ at Pomona. Then I skip it for the first time and I miss this. We should have driven up together!!!! Anyway, good for you and I am glad you spotted it for the right home. Better than letting it get away.

John

Hi John,
I was going to contact you to see if you would be attending, but got busy and forgot, my apologies. Walter Dudgeon pulled this out from under his table when I stopped by to say hi. I did not have Dani's list, but knew at the price either him or you would probably have interest so I picked it up. Next time I'll contact you prior to the show. I'm thinking about setting up a display table in November, maybe.

Back