Scarce Schwert und Scholle insignia.

Thanks Received
This one just arrived today. A nice Schwert und Scholle Landjahr insignia. This is a sort of tough one to find.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Nice find Daren .
I have never seen one before.

Here's a fanfare that member "cadprof" showed on WAF.

Attachments

I'm hoping that Garry may have some period information on this one. The price was right so I picked it up. I've sent photos to a couple others requesting more information also.

Unfortunately not Darin. It looks kinda home-made doesn't it so it could have been intended for any number of purposes: part of a decorative object, perhaps from a pennant or indeed an unofficial uniform adornment. I really don't know but I would say home-made certainly. Looking forward to seeing if any more information turns up. Great-looking patch though.

Thanks for checking Garry. Indeed it appears homemade. It passed the standard UV and burn tests so I'm pretty confident it's a period made item. I think it's a little large to be worn on the standard uniform (it's about the size of the roundel in an NSDAP armband). All the use of this symbol I can find pictures of is on flags, documents, wall posters, and photo albums. I can't find any photos of this type insignia in wear. Perhaps it's from an album cover, I've seen several that look handmade. Will post any additional information I can turn up.

Nice one darin what is the size on it

It is about the size of a roundel on an NSDAP armband. I sent photos to Wim Saris and this is also a patch he has not seen. He speculated that perhaps it was for an album or possibly an unofficial version of a fanfare insignia.

Back