SS cloth sleeve diamond for former Hitler Youth members?

Thanks Received
Hi fellow forum members,

I saw this piece today while looking on the internet sites for HJ pieces.

I did a search of our forum to look for information on these, and did not find anything. If I missed something on our forum that answers this question, then I apologize for the mistake.

But, like the title of the thread states, the piece was described as "SS SLEEVE TRIANGLE FOR GERMAN FORMER HITLER YOUTH MEMBER" and SS Sleeve Triangle for German Former Hitler Youth Member- From Dachau veteran lot! This is machine embroidered on black badge cloth. Unissued and in great condition!

Did these exist? And if so, are there tell tale evidence to authenticate it?

I look at anything SS related with scrutiny. So I question this piece the same way.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

As always, thanks for your time and knowledge.

-Craig

Attachments

A large supply of these were found at Dachau when the Allies liberated the camp. The use for SS members who were former H.J. members is speculative from my understanding. Never issued for wear and no period photos of one in use. The insignia were period made as they were taken from the factory at Dachau.

If they actually are coming from Dachau? For me a question.

My friend Derek Chapman has found information about this type of diamond
(all credits must go too him):
April 17, 1943 there exists a letter from the SS-Führungsamt to the RFSS
in relation to the SS-Pz. Gren.Div. "Hitler-Jugend". It was proposed to introduce
a special insignia for the arm, which was the diamond. Various designs were
noted about. The same letter mentions the cufftitle: "Hitler-Jugend". The RFSS
was thinking about the special insignia and was willing to agree about it. Hitler
had to deceide about the cuff-title.

If a double indication was needed, was to be discussed with the Reichsjugendführer
(letter from June 1943). Simultaneously designs were handed over. In July 1943
Himmler dediced about the form to be used. It was to be worn upon the right lower
arm. The letter mentions one could start the production of the cuff-title (an die
Anfertigung des Ärmelstreifens kann herangegangen werden).
And so it is practically the diamond also was manufactured. If they however actually
were distributed is still a question!!

Maybe this information is found one day.

Back