Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Standard bearer Bann 250 sleeve insignia

Hi to all. I could use any help with this Bann 250 sleeve insignia. I have tried to use all the sources,internet, books, forums but have only found the one Kevin has in this style eagle. Any help would be very welcome before I commit. Thank you 100_0411.jpg100_0412.jpg

Hi again to everyone, any thoughts on this Bann eagle would be greatly appreciated as I have exhausted all information I can find. Thanks again for any help...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    Hi again to everyone, any thoughts on this Bann eagle would be greatly appreciated as I have exhausted all information I can find. Thanks again for any help...
    don't be offended, but some of us avoid to give an objective opinion on a photo because the recent techniques to redo these insignias are more and more perfected.
    Personally, I have doubts on the very approximate silver edge. It is just my opinion !

Thank you Widukind for taking the time to comment. After 35 years of collecting I can only agree, the fakes are getting very dangerous much like the SS insignia is. Any more thoughts would be great...

This badge is of the utmost rarity as original item. Beware !
    I do not have it in my collection because I flee them like NPEA daggers. I do not trust !!!

Thank you again Widukind for all the thoughts and help. I would have liked to have heard from some other members but like you said it is a tough call on these birds and so few to really study. This one may fly back to its sellers home...

Be wary of the Bann numbered 250 patches. I have seen many of these for sale, in various places enough to make me avoid them. Just my opinion. I agree with Eric on his assessment of this patch.

Many thanks to you both for the help, I will be sending the insignia to its old home and the search will continue.

In the weekend I did not have time to react, but will do this after all.

The patches with the number 250 are indeed faked. The embroidery structure however with most found
    is quite different as from originals. And is not even the same as with the shown one. The main problem is
    the style of numbers. Personally I do not like them. The embroidered numbers with the shown one are not
    according the used stencil-plate. The zero is to round and should be more oval; the two and five are not
    correct either.

Further by Widukind it is said: I have doubts on the very approximate silver edge.
    If he means with that the somewhat "twisted" cord, I have to explain. This is not an indication it means
    the patch is a fake. Old photographs show this is visible with TR occasions where patches are worn by flag
    bearer's. I proved this in my gorget-book on page 213 with an enlargement. I have seen more photographs
    with this "problem". On page 212 I do show two patches from the same person. One has straight edge, the
    other one show the twists. The last one was actually used and worn (stated by the owner). The twisting is in
    many occasions caused by weather situations (rain).

yes Wim, I meant the "twisted" cord which is of unrefined manufacturing (rough-textured). it's ugly and the rest of embroidery also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast