HJ Sonderstempel

HJ Sonderstempel - Hitler Birthday 1942

This particular posting does not deal with HJ sonderstempel as the thread indicates but depicts sonderstempel of a different variety. This sonderstempel was used for one day that being Hitler's April 20th birthday in 1942 and proclaims "Mit Dem Führer Zum Sieg". The stamps, a block of 4, also are 1942 birthday commemorative issues and are of the semi-postal variety being 12 + 38 pfennig or a cost of 50 Reichspfennig each.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Sachsenlager der HJ 1937

This is the sonderstempel for Sachsenlager der HJ from July 5 thru August 2, 1937 at Nordseebad Norderney.

Attachments

Last edited:
HJ Sonderstempel - 1941 Sommerlager der Steirischem HitlerJugend at Graz (Austria)

Starting the day off with lighting difficulties here is a 1941 HJ Sonderstempel for the 1941 Sommerlager der Steirischem Hitler Jugend held at Graz (Austria) from July 2 thru July 6.

This particular sonderstempel was utilized on the first day of the event, July 2, 1941.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 4 Reichsführer und Führerinnenlager der HJ at Braunschweig

Here are two sonderstempels for the 4 Reichsführerlager und Reichsührerinnenlager der HJ at Braunschweig in 1939. This event was from May 14 until May 24, 1939.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Harzlager der HJ Gebiet Thüringen 1937

Another in a series of HJ Sonderstempel this one being for Harzlager der HJ Gebiet Thüringen at Benneckenstein in 1937.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Scarce 1937 Ostseelager at Ostseebad Müritz- Thüringer HJ & Pimpfe

This sonderstempel, one of two on a postcard, is a scarce cancellation. It is for the Ostseelager at Ostseebad Müritz in 1937 and states "4000 Thüringer Hitler Jungen und Pimpfe am Meer". This is a very scarce sonderstempel.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Zeltlager der HJ Bana 104 Chemnitz at Oberstdorf

This Sonderstempel is of the machine applied variety and advertises the Zeltlager der HJ Bana 104 Chemnitz at Oberstdorf. It is applied to the reverse of a picture postcard of the actual place the where the event took place, Oberstdorf, and advocates the site as "Höhenluftkurort Oberstdorf".

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - HJ Sudwestmarklager at Offenburg 1937

This postcard contains two HJ Sonderstempel for the event HJ Südwestmarklager at Offenburg. Specific dates are not listed but the stempel is dated August 2, 1937.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - HJ Sommerlager der Banne 572-577 at Walchsee 1940

An unusual HJ Sonderstempel from a smaller place and named to specific HJ unit. This one is for the HJ Sommerlager der Banne 572-577 held at Walchsee. No specific date is given for the event but the Sonderstempel is datded August 24, 1940.

Perhaps a comment regarding the size of Sonderstempel is appropriate. I failed to mention size earlier in this this thread so here it is now. Most Sonderstempels are rather large being from 34mm to 36mm in diameter. It is difficult not to notice one unless one is vision impaired.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Bodenseelager der Leipziger HJ 1938

This Sonderstempel is of the Bodenseelager der Leipziger HJ in 1938 at Radolfzell (Bodensee). It isn't a common HJ Sonderstempel.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Bannfahnenweihe der HJ 1939 at Potsdam

This one day event sonderstempel is for Bannfahnenweihe der HJ at Potsdam on January 24, 1939.

Attachments

SA Sonderstempel - 1 Grossführerlager der HJ Bayer.Ostmark at Bamberg 1939

This one is a scarce sonderstempel for the 1 Grossführerlager der HJ Bayer.Ostmark from May 27 to June 4, 1939 at Bamberg.

I dont think I made any typing errors with this posting. I did with more than one of my posts today and I apologize to all for not finding them and making corrections.

Attachments

HJ & DJ Sonderstempel - Last two for a while

Here are two more Sonderstempel. One is of the DJ at Sachsenlager des Leipziger DJ at Wendisch Buchholz in 1937. DJ Sonderstempel are much less common than HJ Sonderstempel. The other is a not often seen HJ machine cancel with message written in Sutterlin script.

Once again if anyone has HJ Sonderstempel and would like to post them on this forum you are welcome to post them on this thread.

Attachments

Really nice focused collecting:clap2:

how long has it taken to aquire all these ........

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your comment. You asked how long has it taken me to aquire all the Sonderstempel. Well, I have been interested in and collected Third Reich items since the late 1960's. Initially I collected daggers primarily but also did badges, SS items, Hunting Association, and several other things with the exception uniforms, helmets, visor caps and field gear.

I sold most of the items in my collection in the late 1980's but still have a few badges, pins, etc. The Sonderstempel I've collected around 40 years or so and have a fairly large collection of them and not just those associated with the HJ/DJ/BDM/etc. I also have a fair collection of Third Reich coins.

I hope this answers you question.

Yes, thanks:thumb:

As a new collector (4-5 years) i often wonder how many years it takes to track down and amass a collection like yours,

Cheers .........Steve

Yes, thanks:thumb:

As a new collector (4-5 years) i often wonder how many years it takes to track down and amass a collection like yours,

Cheers .........Steve

Hi Steve,

Actually internet has been both a tremendous aid and means of finding Sonderstempel. Acquisition of items was much more difficult and time consuming prior to the advent of computers and internet.

I might add collecting the Sonderstempel of the Third Reich remains very affordable today even for a collector of modest means. Even those which are rare are not outrageous in price providing one can locate them to purchase.

Best Regards,

Robert

As you can see I have a cancel for a H.J camp in Obersdorf date 20 July 1937. Can you tell me how many camps were set up for the HJ that year.
Thanks
French47

Attachments

These special post office ink stamps were used for advertising events like this. The ink stamp doesn't mean that the Sachsenlager was being held in Oberstdorf. That's just where your letter/postcard was posted. It seems the Sachsenlager was held in Norderney that year as posted here:

Sachsenlager der HJ 1937. Where was this HJ camp held?

Back