German Royal Family

Thanks Received
Got 4 new cards today The first one is a photo postcard of the children of the Hannover Royal Family,Princess Friederike Luise,Prince Welf-Heinrich,and Prince Christan von Hannover.How cool are the well dressed kids.Don't think 4 riechmarks for a knife was much of a problem.In 1936 Friederike married King Paul of Greece and fled to England after the German invasion She is a cousin of Queen Elizabeth.Very cool never seen before card.Also a little drummer boy with message on back.Then we have a young BDM with printed comments I would love for someone to translate for me .And finally Sportsfeft card from the 1938 games in Breslau,message on back :usa:germany:clap2::001_cool:as well.I sure hope my little wife likes her Christmas present!!!!!!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The sports card back did not come through so here you go

Attachments

Nice to see the rare pioneer insignia on Prince Christans sleeve.

I believe that this is the same girl in the early 1930s and again in the mid 1960s

Attachments

Right you are.The latter one is when she was Queen of Greece.The first photo looks like it came fron the postcard

Yes ... I copied , pasted and cropped it . I hope your ok with that ?

Here again is your photo comparism of prince Christain in the early 30s and again in the mid to late 60s .

Attachments

Last but not least ... Welf-Heinrich

Attachments

What did the two boys do after the war? and why is one in short pants and the other long pants and calf high boots?

Long pants/high boots = worn by a technical unit.
Mentioned in "Bekleidung und Ausrüstung der HJ" from January 14, 1934. Page 14 states:
Technical HJ units as drivers, Flieger-HJ, signals and pioneers do wear instead of the
brown shorts, the black breeches with the "kleiner Dienstanzug" and "grosser Dienstanzug".
Also shown in color plate 6 from "Die Uniformen der HJ", 1933 and 1934 where a pioneer wears breeches.

I well remember a visit to Auersberg (Erzgebirge) with my friend and his family.
Good to see the address on this post card.
There is a granite tower there that goes back to 1860, built to watch for forest fires.
We all had an ice cream.

Back