HJ Sonderstempel

These are great. Really nice designs. I'm guessing that some of these are quite rare Arrow?
Hello Garry,

Thanks. Im glad you like the sonderstempel I have posted. Yes, you are correct some of the special cancels are indeed rare. They were only utilized during the time of the event they depict. If it was a one day event held only in one location then that was the length of time they were utilized.

Smaller HJ and/or DJ events held in smaller more obscure locations are very difficult to find today.

Many collectors today are not aware of the fact the Postal Service in Third Reich Germany was widely utilized by the NSDAP and organizations thereof as a means of getting their message across. Not only were large, eye catching sonderstempel used but commemorative postage stamps and well designed, brilliantly colored, attention gathering Postcards were also used.

HJ Sonderstempel - Leipzig Postcard

Just great :thumb:

That Leipzig postcard is just stunning:clap2:

Steve

Hello Steve,

Im glad you liked the Leipzig HJ Postcard. Isnt it stunning? One cannot help but look at that one with its deisgn and coloring. The Sonderstempel made specifically for the event is of the same theme depicted on the Postcard.

HJ Sonderstempel - 1939 Hochlandlager

I just realized I made an error in one of my earlier posts to this thread. That error being with regard to the large machine cancel for HJ Hochlandlager 1939 shown at the top of this photo. Earlier I stated I only knew of this particular sonderstempel being used for the years 1935, 1936, 1937 and 1938 inadvertantly leaving 1939 out. 1939 exists also with 1935 being the scarcest.

This photo depicts several different Sonderstempel which were stamped on an improvisted piece of cardstock cut down to postcard size.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 1938 1 Führerzeltlager Gebiet Tirol-Vomp

Here is large and bold Sonderstempel of the 1 Führerzeltlager of Gebiet Tirol-Vomp held in 1938.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - HJ Lager Ohnesorge 1938

Hello,

It's me again. Here is one more sonderstempel before I sign off for the day. I hope Im not boring anyone.

This sonderstempel is of the HJ Lager at Sperenberg in 1938 termed HJ Lager Ohnesorge. I have also provided a close up of this sonderstempel for closer viewing. Hope you like it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Many collectors today are not aware of the fact the Postal Service in Third Reich Germany was widely utilized by the NSDAP and organizations thereof as a means of getting their message across. Not only were large, eye catching sonderstempel used but commemorative postage stamps and well designed, brilliantly colored, attention gathering Postcards were also used.

Definitely not boring Arrow :) Yes, makes sense as you say that they would go to the effort of making these Sonderstempel for one-time use for propaganda purposes. I wonder what the postal service did with them later.. Have you seen any of the actual stamps on other sites at all?

Beautiful Arrow thanks for showing us, makes you wonder where all those stampers are today?

Brad

HJ Sonderstempel inquiry

Definitely not boring Arrow :) Yes, makes sense as you say that they would go to the effort of making these Sonderstempel for one-time use for propaganda purposes. I wonder what the postal service did with them later.. Have you seen any of the actual stamps on other sites at all?

Hello Garry,

Thanks for your inquiry. First, I have no idea nor any factual information regarding your question of what the Postal Service did with the sonderstempel afterwards. I have heard a few possibilities but nothing which can be supported with documentation and therefore the possibilities are little more than rumor.

At the time these large attractive sonderstempel were being utilized and particularly so when they were combined with one of the many colorful attention drawing postcards it is easy to see how effective it all was at gaining considerable attention. Postcards at that time were a primary means of communication which is often overlooked today with things like television, internet, computers, etc., which did not exist then.

There are many sonderstempel of various types and designs and each tells its own story and is a record of history as it happened. Some are quite rare today.

I will post my lifetime collection of sonderstempel here if you would like to see them. They exist for just about every organization of the NSDAP.

HJ Sonderstempel - 4th Reichswinterkampfspiele 1939

Here are two relatively uncommon sonderstempel from Garmish-Partenkirchen and the 4th Reichswinterkampfspiele of the Hitler Jugend in 1939.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 1938/39 Winterlager der Fränkischen HJ at Oberjoch

Here are two more sonderstempels of a HJ winter camp held at Oberjoch in 1938/39.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 1938 Hochland Lager

Shown in this post is the sonderstempel for the 1938 Hochland Lager cancelled at the special post office at Königsdorf. It is identical to the 1939 sonderstempel for the same event (shown elsewhere within this thread) with only the date being different.

I might add if anyone else has HJ sonderstempel please feel free to post them on this thread.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 1939 Musterzeltlager der Wiener HJ

Here is a rather plain but attractive Sonderstempel for the Musterzeltlager der Wiener HJ held in Wien (Vienna) in 1939.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 1941 6 Winterkampfspiele der HJ am Garmish Partenkirchen

This is a sonderstempel I have seen few of. It is for a very late event, the 1941 6th Winterkampfspiele der HJ at Garmish Partenkirchen.

Perhaps I should point out an item which may be of interest to some readers of this thread. If you will notice the postage stamp indicates the value to be a large 4 + a small 3. This is called a semi-postal stamp. The cost of postage was 4 pfennig but the purchaser of the stamp paid 7 pfennig for the stamp with the additional 3 pfennig going to a charitable fund of some sort, usually Hitler's National Culture Fund. In this case the donation supposedly went to the Winterhilfswerk; a worthy organization.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - Reichsberufswettkampf 1939

Although this is not a HJ Sonderstempel on these two stamps I think most readers of this thread will recognize the HJ Badge depicted on these two commemorative postage stamps as being for the 1939 Reichsberufswettkampf.

These are regular postage stamps of a commemorative nature with a fixed rate of postage and are not the semi-postal stamps mentioned in my previous post.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 2 Reichsführerlager der HJ 1937 Weimar

Another sonderstempel this one being for the 2 Reichsführerlager der HJ 1937 am Weimar.

Attachments

HJ Sonderstempel - 3 Gebietsführerlager der Hitler Jugend Ruhr 1939

This sonderstempel is for the 3 Gebietsführerlager der Hitler Jugend Ruhr an Mülheim 1939. This event was held June 7 through 11 in 1939.

Attachments

What a great collection. I've not really paid much attention to these before but this thread has made me take notice. A really clean and focused collection. It's impressive. Thanks for showing and do continue to post others you may have.

What a great collection. I've not really paid much attention to these before but this thread has made me take notice. A really clean and focused collection. It's impressive. Thanks for showing and do continue to post others you may have.

Hello Gefolgschaft,

Thanks for your comments. Im pleased that you like what I have posted. Yes, I will continue to post others I have. Again, thank you for your interest.

Back