A Mystery item

Thanks Received
I have posted this card on the War Relics forum and no one seems to know what it is.I am not even sure what the postcard says on the front I do not think it is German,I was wondering if it was Dutch or Norwegian .The HJ card is dated 1933 so it is a early Hitler Youth card the quote on the front is dated 1923.I am thinking this might be a quote from Mien Kamph but if it was it should be in German maybe it is some sort of dialect.Anyway I would love to know what it says on the Front and back .Where are the experts:usa:hail::hail::help:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

First line: The oath of the young Nordmark

last line: Rather dead than slave

:hail::hail::hail:Thanks,I knew I could rely on the HJ forum,sounds like an interesting comment any further translation

The Oath of the young Nordmark

The land on which we stand is holy Land
We have gotten it free, free we want to be
And even if distress takes away everything
We'll never bow. We stand truely
together till our death, and pray to
God and to our own strength
to never be parted.
And if someone wants our sons or our honor
Our last drop of blood will stand
between that. Into slaves' chains we
will never be forced. To us, our freedom
is valued higher than our live.
We stand truely together
till our death, and pray to
God and to our own strength
Rather dead than a slave.

Beeing from Bavaria it is quite difficult to read the written dialects from up north, but I think I got most of the parts right. The other side I will read to you and translate, when I'll pass though Memphis TN, next year.:001_rolleyes:

Mystery Item

:hail::hail::hail::clap2:Christian,thank you so much.Everyone tells me this is low German-whatever that means but in any case I think the passage is excellent.My next project will be to locate the author of this verse

Back