"Hilfszug Bayern"/"Reichsautozug Deutschland"

Thanks Received
Helmond, Netherlands. My hometown is located near
You don't have permission to view attachments.

In his album about the HJ-Hochlandlager 1934 Garry showed a series of photographs. Two included
activities/trucks from the Hilfszug Bayern (HZB).

In my series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" (volumes 3 and 4) this emergency and assistance convoy,
largely assisting with the supplying of food to participants of events, was included. For most collectors it is
a quite unknown organization, raised by the SA and later assigned to the NSKK. For technical purposes the
"Reichsautozug Deutschland" (RAZ) was raised, as a technical unit from the Oberste SA-Führung. Both
were combined. The HZB in later years was involved when Austria and Sudetenland were occupied and
when the war started.

As many of you may not have purchased these both volumes, and both convoys are quite unknown to most
of you and when HJ-forum members are interested, I am willing to scan a group of photographs that were used
in these both volumes and make an album here to show, for having a look at. With every photograph I will give
information, when I am able to give. These both convoys were not specificly HJ-related.

Let me know if there is any interest?

Attachments

Last edited:

Hello christianlohmann,

Maybe you do not know but there exists a thinner booklet, written by Horst Hinrichsen:
"Reichsautozug "Deutschland" und Hilfszug "Bayern". I do not know if it is still available
(in Germany) and the print could have been better, but it surely will be of interest.

The photographs that I do intend to show are from my personal files, used them in the
mentioned volumes 3 and 4 from the headgear-series. Some are in the Hinrichsen-booklet,
but a greater number is not. Hinrichsen did have many from the used trucks, in which I
had not the greatest interest. I asked Garry if he agrees that I make an album!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting Wim. Looking forward to seeing the photos. I think a thread would be the best way to present the subject :thumb:

Hzb-raz

Hello Garry,

is it here that I later can start bringing in information and photographs from
the Hilfszug "Bayern" and the Reichsautozug "Deutschland", after I have scanned it?

Is it not needed to make sub-sections, while otherwise all kinds of information will
come in this thread about HZB and RAZ and that would work confusing?

Sorry, now I see it is a special thread and other threads can follow!!

Attachments

Last edited:
I did find the information and photographs in my files. I will start scanning the most interesting
information and material and make two threads: one specifically related to the Hilfszug "Bayern",
which I further will indicate as HZB. I will also give a little history;
and another one for the Reichsautozug "Deutschland", RAZ with a short history. Those that are
interested in trucks, busses and speciality trucks will surely enjoy some of the photographs. There also
will be some uniform-photographs.
Maybe I am able to bring in the first material early next week. So please, do have som patience!

I started this morning the thread about the Reichsautozug "Deutschland". The main information has been given.

Later I started scanning the photographs that will be included, but I have to interrupt this work while I have another
job to do: controlling the lay-out for two articles. This goes first as the publisher is waiting for my agreement as one
of the articles has to come in the next issue for a magazine.

Maybe I can restart scanning Friday, but Monday I will surely be able to continue and so during the course of the week
the RAZ photographs will be included with the thread.

I would like to inform the members of this forum that recently I started working on
a smaller booklet about the Hilfszug "Bayern" and Reichsautozug "Deutschland".

Not the easiest subjects, but if members are able to assist, it would be great. You
will be credited properly. Send me eventually a PM through this forum when there
is information to tell or photographs to hand over.

Many thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you,
Wim

Back