Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    could be mismatched, but then again could it be they where kept on top of each other with the lighter on on top being exposed to light and causing it to fade giving a mismatched appearance

I does seem logical from a money-saving point-of-view, to only put a label on one strap, if you're selling them as a pair, which is how I believe the manufacturers would have sent them out.

It is however interesting to note that both straps are by the same manufacturer.

I haven't undertaken a survey of AHS insignia manufacturers but there surely must have been more than one company.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    could be mismatched, but then again could it be they where kept on top of each other with the lighter on on top being exposed to light and causing it to fade giving a mismatched appearance
    That's a thought I had as well Stu. I was also thinking maybe they were displayed where one was exposed to more U.V. than the other or something. Still a great set, I'd be happy to have them in my collection.
    Last edited by Gefolgschaft; 25th July 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks for the hypothesis' Darin, Stuart, and Toby. Thanks for the comment, Patrick.

They very well could have been affected by light.

Do you happen to have a pic of the set that you mentioned Darin? That would be neat to see.

Doug, this set belongs to u869s, he posted them on the old forum. Thanks for reminding me, I need to add this set to the article!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interesting. I'd love to know what the symbol on that label stood for. Perhaps an insignia shop?

great set its nice to own some RJF straps cant get much better well done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12