austrian DJ

Thanks Received
If I would like to match a DJ strap for an austrian bann (sudost karnten) to a DJ circle patch...which colour should I choose? This is not my field so I rely on you guys :001_smile:
I only have a red patch so far...

Standard white on red Matt (the old Oberbann 1 colours). The austrian HJ movement was illegal from 1933/4* until the Anschluss and the Oberbann had been removed as a structure three years previously so no Oberbann colours for Austrian DJ.

Quick edit: to be more exact, Gebiet 22 (Deutsch-Österreich) was dissolved on the 19th June 1934.

It was 1 in the morning when I wrote my reply above so here's a little more background.

As I was saying, the austrian Hitler Youth movement was illegal between 1934 and 1938. Back in the Reich that same period saw the abolishment of the Oberbann and the introduction of the single shoulder strap for the DJ so by the time the Hitler Youth movement in Austria was being rebuilt and incorporated into the Reich structure after the Anschluss in 1938 things had already been formalised. All DJ boys wore the same rune patch (the old Oberbann 1 colours of white on red) and a single strap with the Jungbann number.

Prior to the abolishment of Gebiet 22 Deutsch-Österreich in June 1934 however, its structure had been the same as any other Gebiet and there were three Oberbanne in Austria.

As Darin says, it won't be difficult to find a DJ strap for one of the austrian Jungbanne and even less difficult of course to find the matching rune patch as it's the standard white on red.

Just a quick one on my Bann lists: the DJ units are not seperately listed because they of course had the same number as the corresponding HJ, BDM and JM units for the majority of the TR period. So, if you are looking for the correct Gebiet for a DJ Jungbann just look for the HJ Bann number and the Gebiet shown for the Bann will be the same for all other formations.

Bann 55
Jungbann 55
BDM-Untergau 55
JM-Untergau 55

All of the above wore the same triangle and the HJ and DJ the same number on the shoulder straps.

Austrian HJ

Hi matt
these are Austrian HJ as well with bann numbers

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

better pic of Austrian Jacket to a siginals Hitler-Junge

Attachments

Back