Bann 183 Herford

Thanks Received
A nice Ebay win this morning. Bann 183 Herford, West Westfalen. Oberbann 6 with white numerals and piping. White numbered and piped Oberbann 6 straps are not often seen. A hard to find strap at a great price. :clap2:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You have chance Darin I forgot to bid on this item :001_rolleyes:
First time I see a Oberbann 6 white piping so congrats :thumb:

Congratulations Darin, I already lost the count in your collections... how many so far?

Take care

Regards

Antonio

Indeed a cheap price for this one, luck was on my side. I am glad we were not bidding against each other Lauri, I think many forgot to bid due to the low selling price. I think this one makes around 215 HJ/DJ straps for me Anotonio, I'll have to count them up soon. I am thinking of setting up a display table at the West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors show this fall. It's the biggest show on my side of the US, sort of like a mini SOS or MAX for the guys that live too far from those shows to attend without considerable traveling expense. If I set up a dispaly I will make some flyers for the Forum to pass out to those who are interested in HJ. Just an idea.

Well it has arrived! Pity the piping is a little loose, but a very difficult to find strap. I never see Oberbann 6 HJ straps for sale, anywhere. I was very lucky to win this Ebay auction! Another hole in the collection filled.

Attachments

Maybe it is possible to restore the loose piping with white thread?

Here is a copy of a photo from Mil 321 that shows what appear to be Oberbann 6 straps in wear. A different Unterbann that the example in my collection but a great clear photo. Incorrectly identified as "Flieger HJ" on Mil 321 in the listing.

Attachments

Back