BANN 243

Thanks Received
What can you tell me about these these cotton tan shoulder straps with red borders and sewn in button snaps? Below the numbers "243" have two holes which must be for rank pips? The German dealers are nuts asking 265 EUROS for a similar pair. I would be very interested in whether these are just Allgemeine-HJ or a special forces Bann or what. The one reference book I have says this Bann belonged in Westmark prior to 1941.

Can you elaborate some on the history behind this pair and what you feel is a fair market value for HJ collectors.

Thanks,
Dan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A 1934 pattern set for General H.J.. These were used from 1934 to 1938 when the black background straps were introduced. The earlier versions often had colored piping to reflect the Oberbann that the Bann belonged to (like the colored D.J. Sigrune patches), and these straps will often have an Unterbann number in Roman numerals below the Bann number. This pair appears to be from around 1936 to me. They also appear to have snaps added to allow for removal from the uniform for laundering which was often done, but by the wearer not the maker. Missing pips are also common for H.J. straps from my experience. I agree that 265 Euro is wayyyyy too much for this set. Closer to 80 or 100 euro is more realistic to me.

These shoulderstraps are from the city of Wied and wore the Gebiet triangle "West/Westmark" .
Personally , I would not pay more than 135 euro for them

Back