Bann 286 Medical Orderly Shoulder Straps

Thanks Received
New set arrived today. Bann 286 Bersenbrück, of the Nord Nordmark Gebiet. Set for a Scharführer with Heer medical cyphers attached. Devices appear to be period attached, but who knows for certain. Possibly used by a Feldscher qualified member. This set marks a milestone for me, 200 straps in my collection now. :001_cool:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

lovley darin great set and well done for reaching 200 straps they look good in mass

well done again steve

Congratulations! A very nice set you added to your collection! JME

Thanks for the comments gents. I'm having some trouble finding good photos of period medical strap devices, I'm not sure these are period or possibly post war. :help:

Very nice Darin and I hope that a photograph similar to the one elsewhere on the forum showing the musician straps (with the lyre) will eventually turn up as it makes sense that these devices may have been attached, albeit unofficially, to straps worn by medical personnel after the abolishment of the blue HJ medical straps.

Very nice Darin and I hope that a photograph similar to the one elsewhere on the forum showing the musician straps (with the lyre) will eventually turn up as it makes sense that these devices may have been attached, albeit unofficially, to straps worn by medical personnel after the abolishment of the blue HJ medical straps.

Thanks Garry. I do have a copy of a photo showing the lyre being worn on the HJ straps. I got it from Jeff Hammond, I'll try and find it to post later. I think Zander also shows one here somewhere on the forum as well.

If these devices were period attached I would presume they were worn by a member with a Feldscher sleeve qualification. As stated a period photo would be great to see to confirm.

Last edited:
This photo shows a lower ranked
HJ member wearing , what is problibly an S/A feldscher collar insignia on his shoulderstraps .
This insignia was in metal attached with prongs . I have never seen the medical snake and branch insignia used on Hj straps except for the very early embroidered pattern .

Attachments

Last edited:
Back