Bann 624 Marine-HJ shoulder strap

Thanks Received
Here's one with some embelishments. Hard to say when or where added, during or post war but a nice looking strap anyway.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have seen more of these "humped up" Marine HJ straps in current times than ever before . In fact , I have seen 100s of photos of MHJ but have only seen 2 photos of anchors in wear on the straps . The strap itself is good , as are the anchor and the pip . However if you are considering buying Marine HJ shoulderstraps that have been embelished .... think of it this way ... a $65 dollar single shoulderstrap , a $10 dollar anchor and a $5 dollar pip ... thats $80 dollars ( double that for a pair) ... What you will get , is a really sexy looking MHJ shoulderstrap .

Hi Chaps,

a nice strap you have there of a fairly rare Bann. I didn't know there was a naval unit in this Bann and no cap tally is known from Leitmeritz. Your source is not selling the tally as well, by any coincidence ...?
Indeed, I can only agree with Joe: I have about 200 naval HJ photos, all of different units - as you know I'm collecting them because of the tallies they wear on the photos. I have only a single one with anchor on the strap. And this is a boy, who's dressed against any regulation anyway. So I think it is actually made up for the studio portrait.
Further, I think (but don't have the book in hand right now), there's a HJ leader with anchor and normal MHJ board in Wim Saris' book in the MHJ section - the other boys on the same photo wear a tally from Tulln.

Finally a thread about the MHJ, where I can contribute something - thanks. Will post the photo later.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

No cap tally unfortunately. Of course I would let you know if I saw one. Thanks for the replies gentlemen and I look forward to seeing the photo you mentioned Daniel.

MHJ straps with anchors

That's the picture I have. He is from a MHJ unit in the 2nd Gefolgschaft (Kahla) in Bann 94 (Jena). He has several add on's which are against any regulation:

1. he shouldn't wear any boards
2. anchors on the shoulder boards
3. anchors on the collar
4. a tally, longer the allowed (I cropped the photo)
5. no numbers on the strap buttons

Rgds

Daniel

P.S.: If any has naval HJ tallies or photos of them in wear for sale or trade, please drop me a PM. Any offers are highly appreciated.

Attachments

Bump this thread for Paul as he was asking about the unofficial use of anchors on Marine-HJ straps. I agree that sometimes these are added to enhance value, so one should not pay extra for straps with anchors or pips. This photo shows that it was done in the period even if not regulation. Look at all the anchors that this M.H.J. member has added to his uniform!

another great area for conversation as you know I recently bought a pr with anchors attached and also the cap tally. It is certainly nice to see a period pic of them in wear but as always due diligence is required :canada1

my straps

here is a pic of my straps and tally to refresh :canada1

Attachments

Found this photo on a current auction . I`m starting to believe that MHJ units had relaxed regulations when it came to displaying the anchor insignia ... kind of honoring Naval traditions .

I have seen many photos of Luftwaffenhelfer that had replaced their cloth HJ cap diamonds with Luftwaffe cap eagles with no fear of being caught so why not with the Marine HJ ... It is just with the Marine Hitlerjugend , there are not that many documented photos that show the anchor displayed on there straps .

Attachments

Interesting. I have never seen a pic of a MHJ in a brown shirt and shorts. Would they ever wear a RZM tunic with pockets with a Naval dickie?

Great photo of a MHJ Boy in his "Fahrtenanzug". Of course the anchor is against regulation and I feel this was a bit in the discretion of the immediate leader of the unit.

The naval uniform came into use whenever the boys were not on an excursion but in normal service.

Rgds

Daniel

SO are we saying then the MARIN HJ had two distinct uniforms being the normal HJ and also the Marine uniforms. For me that is the first pic I have seen of a MARINE HJ in normal brown uniform anymore out there ? :canada1

It would make since to me Paul . That all Hitlerjugend had the basic brown pullover shirt with the black shorts for normal duties , however; when going out for sea-sport activities or inspections , the MHJ blue Km style blouse would be worn .

SO are we saying then the MARINE HJ had two distinct uniforms being the normal HJ and also the Marine uniforms. For me that is the first pic I have seen of a MARINE HJ in normal brown uniform anymore out there ? :canada1

This is exactly right, Joe. And it can be read in Wim Saris' Handbook on pages 378 / 379 (below the rank insignia table) and page 380 (above the picture).
The reason why we cannot see any more of these pictures is, that the Naval HJ had no distinct sign on their brown shirts - the only way Joe spotted it at this particular picture is the use of the anchor device on the shoulder board.

This Fahrtenanzug is the main reason why we find quite a number of
a) brown boards with dark blue piping and
b) dark blue boards with yellow piping in your collections.

Rgds

Daniel

Back