Bann L München - Flieger HJ?

Thanks Received
DARIN, what think you of this one just picked out of a rather obscure HJ REF that I do not look at often

PAUL

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
Paul, these are the only HJ straps with a letter for the Bann location. On April 1, 1936 a special designation was introduced for the Jungsturm of Nurnberg which was in the tradition of the Jungsturm Adolph Hitler, a "J". The colors used were as for the General HJ or special units. There was also an "L" designation for Liebstandarte Munchen. The Bann "Gross Munchen" in Obberbann 1, "Munich-Oberbayern" was officially indicated as an "L" after the reorganization of August 1st, 1933. In the early 1930's the "L" abreviation stood for Leib Regiment, then in use by the SA Standarte in Munich, which kept alive the tradition of the Kgl, bayer: Infanterie Leib-Regiment. The SA Standarte was given title of Leibstandarte (also abbreviated as L ) on orders from the OSAF dated September 23,1932. Because of the earlier bond with the SA and SA traditions (the HJ in Munich had been known as an independant HJ Gau assigned to the OSAF) and also since the Riechsleitung for the HJ organisation had it's headquarters in the city, the term Leibstandarte was also taken by the HJ although they no longer were assigned to the SA by 1933. This information comes from the Verordnungsblatt der Osten SA-Fuhrung and other period references, and the Saris book.

I like this particular Bann, as you say it has great history and was involved in many of the well known rallies held in the region.

I picked up those 6 straps last week off well known sights but you and a couple others must have a contact that I have not found yet as there have been a couple off triangles show up that where not seen on any sight I know of.:sneaky2:

Back