Blank Deutsches Jungvolk and Hitler Youth shoulder straps

Hello
If that helps here further .... comes from a price-list RZM.... the HJ of 1936
mfg Brian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello
If that helps here further .... comes from a price-list RZM.... the HJ of 1936
mfg Brian

Indeed Brian. Pre-1938 straps were also available without the Bann number. Thanks for posting that.

Hello,

If the blank straps were to buy instead of the regular ones, that means that every 'Braunes Haus' in the Reich would have a few in stock. Why are they so rares ?

Best regards

All the "LBA" straps I know, are hand-embroidered... on the other side of numbered ones. If it had been possible to buy the blank staps so easily, why not in this case ?

Perhaps the blank straps were not stocked at many stores. That could help explain why we don't see many examples now. As for the LBA straps, this is a good point. The examples I've seen were all "converted" from numbered straps, I don't know why blank straps were not used for the purpose.

All the "LBA" straps I know, are hand-embroidered... on the other side of numbered ones. If it had been possible to buy the blank staps so easily, why not in this case ?

Why buy a set of new blank straps when you can simply transform the ones you're already wearing and have already paid for? That would be my thinking anyway.

It could have been a matter of simple economics. The HJ members were paying for thier own uniforms and many families did not have a lot of extra funds during wartime.

It could have been a matter of simple economics. The HJ members were paying for thier own uniforms and many families did not have a lot of extra funds during wartime.
Hi Darin,
you are right.I think this explanation is more credible because the 8 brothers and sisters of my grand mother were not rich, especially after 1943. They fled the area of Koenigsberg and took refuge in SaarbrĂĽcken. Parents had to pay all of their equipment.......:001_huh:
Best Regards
Eric

Here is mine .

Attachments

Here is another example of unumbered straps being used IMO. These straps are piped in red, but the numerals are chain stitched in pink for Motor HJ. Note how the numerals are sewn directly through the stick on RZM tags on the reverse.

Attachments

NPEA blank straps i think

Attachments

Found on a russian forum :

Attachments

Back