Early Dual Colored Piping HJ Shoulder Strap.

Thanks Received
It's been a slow time for me here on the forum and in collecting in general. Here's the only thing I've added to my collection for some time now. Early single HJ strap for Wesser-Ems, Oldenburg. Green and Brown piped with a Black numeral. Interesting as it appears to have had the numeral 41 on it originally in Brown, and that was removed and the 5 in Black added later. Possibly when the practice of adding the Schar numerals in black came into vouge before the Banns were numbered. These early straps are HUGE compared to the wartime straps. They were refered to as 'cows tounges' by some in the period.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Nice early strap Daren . Thank you for posting .

Always interesting to see these rarely encountered straps. A nice addition to your (small:) collection!

Excellent strap Darin.Can you tell what the piping indicates??

Hello Patrick,
during the period that these straps were used the colors sometimes reflected the Landesfarben, and sometimes the SA Gau colors. At this time the HJ Bann were not numbered but known by name. The numbers were representative of the company or Schar in many cases. These straps are from the earliest days of the HJ.

Back