Führer eines Bann 243 , Neuwied West Moselland .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
They finially arrived .
In 40 years of collecting , I know of only one other pair of Führer Eines Banns .
I have seen aprox. 8 singles . So finding a pair is truly a dream .
If anyone has information on the Bannführers that commanded Bann 243 , I would really appreciate the information .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I don't personally have any info on a name at the moment Joe but I'm sure that a useful source will turn up at some point. The straps look great :thumb:

Thank you all for the compliments .

It was quite an adventure on how I finally got them . Initially , they were listed on ebay with the "buy it now" option for $735 dollars , the listing also had the option to make an offer . They had only been listed for about 2 hours and somebody had already sent in an offer I figured that these Bannführer boards will not last to long as they are very rare . I knew if I waited or sent in an offer , that they would be gone . Thinking on it for around 5 minutes , I opted to buy it now for the sellers asking price and not gamble as it was a really good deal (When it comes to RARE items , the time to buy is when you see them.) I paid with Paypal within 24 hours .

Now here is were the adventure starts ......The seller took 3 days to acknowledge the ebay transaction . First she said that the item was on consignment to her but the person who had the shoulderboards had not sent them to her yet . She then stated that she listed them at the high price of 735 dollars for 30 days because she did not think that they would sell that fast but was surprised that somebody in Austria had already sent her an offer of $400 dollars within the first hour of listing them . She then said that she will be going on vacation until December 12th and would not be able to mail me the item until then . Now I`m thinking that this might be a scam as Paypal only will do a refund within 45 days of the auction . Right after that she canceled the transaction ...2 days later she refunded my money and gave me the cell phone number to a man in southern California who had the HJ boards . I called him and left a message, his name is Matt . Matt texted me back a few days later that If I still wanted the insignia , I can send him a Bank certified check to a PO Box in Los Angelas California . (Los Angelas is aprox 400 miles south of where I live.) Now I am really thinking this is a CON ... Yeah right ... send a Bank certified check to a PO Box ! I told Matt "No way" am I going to send money to a PO Box . He then said " Dont you trust me " I literly laughed and replied "NO" , How about you send me the insignia to my friends PO Box in Sacramento California and then I will send the Money to you . I asked him to text me his home address , he would not give it to me.... After going round and round like his for a few days , we finially agreed to meet up at a place 250 miles south of where I live , a small town called "DELANO" this was a 4 hour drive for me . (am I addicted to this hobby or what ?) So we meet at this resturant (Denny`s) and do the exchange in the parking lot (It must have looked like a drug deal). Matt actually turned out to be a nice guy , he collects U.S. militaria and found the HJ insignia inside a WW2 US army uniform along with a few armbands and breast eagles . He did admit that it did look a bit shady with asking me to send him the money to a PO Box and understood that since we both did not know each other , the only way for the deal to go forward was to meet up like the way we did .

Last edited:
Wow, on paper that should never have worked but great that it did :)

What a great adventure, Joe! Thank you for taking the time and write it down.:clap2:
That is what collecting is all about.
People who do not collect will never understand us collectors.

A smart way to deal Joe. I suspect the offer from Austria was a member here :001_rolleyes: that buys a lot of H.J. items on Ebay. No way I would send money to someone based on what you described. Members take note, you can never be too careful in this hobby, it's full of shady con artists and liars. Glad for you that it worked out Joe.

Very good and rare straps Joecool. Which is left shoulder and which right? Acorns to front?

Back