Gebiet "Nord Osthannover" Bann 190 Stade Streifendienst

Thanks Received
Hello,
here is a picture of my new Hj "grouping". A triangle from "Nord Osthannover" and a Streifendienst shoulder board from Bann 190 Stade.
Enjoy.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Really nice , and a super hard triangle to find , I have one but not as nice as yours .

Hello MikeBann 190 is listed on Gebiet "Nord Osthannover"but there are some Banne and Jungbanne listed in GebietNord Nordsee". Maybe was Bann 190 earlier a partof Gebiet "Nord Nordsee"Best Regards

Alois,
May I refer to the "research area" of this forum where there is a listing of all Bann numbers. 190 in the beginning marked as "Niederelbe" later on "Stade" is listed as "NORD NORDSEE" and not Nord Osthannover. this listing goes back to 1933 and as been put on this forum by Garry.
So all in all I think your Info is not right? Should there be somebody out there who can confirm or contradict this please do.
Mike
:belgium

Hello Mike,

yes you are right but after a complete restructuring to 1942 or 1943, Bann 190 was part of the region "Nord-Osthannover".
It is for this reason that this set is homogeneous and in accordance.

Hi chaps,

My lists culminate with a full list dated Jan 1942 which I obtained from the 1942 RJF publication "Vorschriftenhandbuch der HJ". I started researching these lists in 2006 and continued until 2009 at which point I established that Wim Saris (whom I didn't know at the time) had also been researching Bann lists in preparation for his book "Handbook of the Hitler Youth". Before his book was published he and I exchanged a few emails and it became clear that his book was going to include information on the organisational developments after January 1942 that I had not yet begun to research. There seemed little point in doing so as Wim already had the data so I stopped my lists at Jan 1942. That being the case, my lists don't include the Gebiete 41 Osthannover and 42 Westfalen-Süd.

Anyway, as far as Bann 190 is concerned, it became part of Gebiet 41 Osthannover (created March 1942) so Alois' set represents the correct insignia combination for a post-March 1942 SRD member in Bann 190 Stade. As Mike correctly says, prior to 1942, the correct HJ Gebiet for Bann 190 from 1933 to 1942 would have been Nord/Nordsee.

The name of Bann 190 changed a few times:

1933: Wesermünde/Stade
1934: Niederelbe
1941: Stade

I would always recommend checking both my lists and Wim's because although we did use the same period sources in most cases, I used some sources he didn't have and vice versa.

I thoroughly recommend Wim's book and for those of you who don't yet have it, you can get it here

Alois,
Ok the misunderstanding has been resolved:clap2:
Many thanks to you chaps for clearing this up, Because I must admit I was getting confused about this matter.
Once again this forum with all its members and expertise have accomplished that this collector
has yet again become a little smarter.

Well done to all of you.:good:
Mike
:belgium

Oh, by the way Alois I love that strap as you maeby know I myself owe a few from Bann 190 Nord Nordsee euh...Nord Osthannover, oh whatever. :lol:
But untill now I hadn't seen one from the streifendienst, should you ever decide to part from it, drop me a mail because I would for sure buy it from you.
Ok so now the shoulderboards will make out what area they belong to (early date -> definetely Nordsee, after '42 Osthannover) This looks like a (political)compromis the Belgium way. :thumbup:

Here's a pic of my straps of this particular Bann, so far.

Attachments

A very nice assortment Mike. I enjoy seeing multiple straps from the same Bann reflecting the changes in insignia over time. Well done.

Also Alois, very nice straps. I am happy for you that you were able to secure the set after we discussed them. Congratulations.

Back