Good Bann 674 shoulder strap or not?

Thanks Received
This whas one of my first purchase a few years ago and i still dont know if its a legit one or not
I havent found anything similar on the internet
What i dont like is how the numbers are sewn !!!!

please some help

You don't have permission to view attachments.

btw since i am using windows 10 i cant get my photo's placed right here on the forum !!!! on my laptop they all are positioned ok but when i place them here they are turned arround and some i hade to place twice before the photo whas shown, more people with that problem ?

Attachments

Strange backing material and crude hand sewn numbers. Not an RZM item at all. The tag is added IMO. The strap could be period but it's nothing near regulation and I can't imagine a member being allowed to wear that one for long. I have owned some pretty strange straps before that I felt were period done in hand. I would probably have bought this one if the the price was favorable.

Gefolgschaft thanks for your quick response
yes the price was ok but i dont know for sure what to think about this one, and i cannot find where the numbers are standing for

The Bann is one of the later Bann raised in 1942, 674 Malmedy West/Köln-Aachen. This strap is very strange for a number of reasons. Crude handmade items are more often seen in the early days when there was confusion about the correct regulations, and in transitional times when members tried to adapt old items to new regulations. Perhaps this was made quickly when the new Bann was raised until the member could get proper insignia, but that's a real stretch IMO as in 1942 regulations were well known and enforced. The blue tag and shape of the strap make no sense for a D.J. strap as the blue tags had been out of use for H.J. items for many years when this Bann was raised and the strap appears to possibly be a D.A.F. strap or something. It's very odd.

Is your strap attached to a shirt ? If so , Does your shirt have a district triangle on the upper left sleeve . The Triangle should say " West/Köln-Aachen , Bann 674 was for the city of Malmedy .

Can you post a few photos of the shirt itself ? It looks to be complete with a scarf from the photos that you have posted .

here are some more photo's
The Triangle say's West/Köln-Aachen
The city of Malmedy is also what the seller told me, it was from his grand dad, so that part is seems to be correct
the shirt has no label in the back but it just feels right so i have no doubt of that one

here are the pics

Attachments

Hello,
the armband and the caps do not fit.

Attachments

Back