H.J. Musician's Shoulder Strap Button

Thanks Received
Here's one not often seen. Just sold on Ebay DE for around 30 USD. The only officially authorized HJ Musician Shoulder Strap device is this 19mm button with an "S".

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A bitter struggle :france
:yo:
and now i try to find a close up picture on this button!

Attachments

nice one darin thought you would have gone for it as you have a music strap

cheers steve

Well done Lauri.
I made bids but unfortunately, the price had rocketed:frusty:.
22€ for a button...:h

For information, do you know what means the "S"???
Thx,
Christophorus

Well done Lauri.
I made bids but unfortunately, the price had rocketed:frusty:.
22€ for a button...:h

For information, do you know what means the "S"???
Thx,
Christophorus

I don't know the specific meaning of the "S". This is information that I was given by Wim Saris in regard to HJ musicians shoulder straps.

" A special color for the shoulder-strap was never introduced, so music bands largely wore the red piping of the General HJ. The only insignia which was officialy introduced as an indication for members of a band was a special grey metal button in the summer of 1937. The button shows an "S" and has a diameter of 1.9 cm officially, with the height for the "S" being 1.3cm."

"S" for "Spielscharen", see Saris page 277 there is a fac simile of the 1938 RZM regulation about this button.

Last edited:
Indeed Lauri. This button would like nice on this strap from my collection. The Lyre device is not an official regulation device but period photos show they were used on occasion.

Attachments

Thanks for the photo Darin, nice embellished strap! Maybe there is possible to make a deal one day? I'm not specialized on the shoulder straps like you :thumb:

Thanks for the photo Darin, nice embellished strap! Maybe there is possible to make a deal one day? I'm not specialized on the shoulder straps like you :thumb:

Yes Lauri, trades are always possible. Again congratulations on this button, it's not often seen and a good pickup. :clap2:

Indeed Lauri. This button would like nice on this strap from my collection. The Lyre device is not an official regulation device but period photos show they were used on occasion.

A clear photo showing a shoulder strap with a lyre. Unfortunately I do not see what there is on the button.

Attachments

It looks like that the HJ utilized two different typs of LYRE also .

Back