Help with RZM 551

Thanks Received
Hello friends,

I recently bought with WEITZE a pair of Flieger-HJ black shoulder boards belonging to the BERLIN Bann 37.

In the Saris Ref. book one can read that the black shoulderstraps with blue piping became official since late 1938.

On the back of one of these straps the RZM Zettel with manufacturer code 551 is attached.

In the saris book:
"551** Bernhard Ullrich Nachf. Annaberg (Admittance date) 02-02-35 (Permit revoked date) 14-03-36"
How can there be a 1936 revoked manufacturer RZM Zettel be on a post 1937 produced board?

Or am I missing something?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Cheers
Peter

Attachments

I don't recall this set having an RZM tag when I sold them to Weitze. It's possible they did but I don't think so. I've checked my photo archives and no shot of the reverse unfortunately. Perhaps a loose tag was added but I'm not positive.

Maybe someone put this tag on. I checked the 1938-list from the RZM and number
551 from Annaberg was NOT included anyway!
Would not be the first time that a tag was put on on purpose by someone who is
not aware of the existing lists!

Wilhelm, your opinion added to the statement of Gefolgschaft who sold this set (with no RZM on the back) to Weitze, and I bought from Weitze ... I know who put it there.....

The picture shows the backside of both schoulder boards. The other has a "convenient" damaged one on the back.
Should I remove it?

Greets
Peter

Attachments

I always left items as I had purchased them, no adding or removing tags, litze, pips, etc.. As said I don't recall exactly if this set had that tag on them as I had a large collection of almost 300 straps.

Good evening Gefolgschaft,
Everything taken in account, we will never know who put it there.
I'll let it rest.
They remain a nice pair of original flieger-HJ boards from Berlin; and I enjoy them as they are.
On display, the back isn't visible anyway.
Thanks
Peter

Yes they are a great set. I picked these up at the show in Pamona California. I searched the entire show for almost a whole day and spotted them in a riker mount under a bunch of Heer insignia at the last hour. A lucky find that day. Enjoy the set in your collection!

I don't recall this set having an RZM tag when I sold them to Weitze. It's possible they did but I don't think so. I've checked my photo archives and no shot of the reverse unfortunately. Perhaps a loose tag was added but I'm not positive.
Almost lost my coffee :swiss

Back