Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

HJ Bann 84 Shoulder boards

with help from this forum,joecool & bertl59,i purchased these shoulderboards from Hiscoll for my HJ-Winterbluse (schleswig Nord/Nordmark Bann 84) im yet to sew the straps on the blouse,i have them in a frame for now,cheers & thanks again fellas.

Attached Images Attached Images

A nice set. The uniform is coming along well and should look great for display.

thanks mate,after some research i am actually modelling the restoration/manequin after 1934 Dithmarschen-steinberg Nord/Nordmark

If you are going for a 1934 look you will need tan background straps. The black background straps were introduced in 1938.

oh yeah i forgot about that,thanks for pointing that out,i will model it of 1942 schleswig Nord/Nordmark i think that will work.cheers

That would be a good era to use with that insignia. It's looking good so far. Nice project.

thanks mate,happy collecting to you

The sewing should be done very patiently .... I would use period thread . If needed ity might take an hour per strap , but in the long run , if done correctly ... you will be happy .

thanks joe i will be sewing on the shoulderboards on the HJ-Winterbluse soon,i am waiting to try find someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me,but if i cant find anyone i will do it myself,.i have 2 RZM marked buttons to sew on aswell with the boards,so it will be cool,i will post some pics when its all done.thanks fellas for all your help.si

It always amazes me the quality of these shoulder boards. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast