HJ Bannfuhrer Shoulder Board, New Arrival, Interesting Piping

Thanks Received
This one just arrived to my collection. A single Bannfuhrer. It has white piping with the silver twist cord sewn around the outside of the white piping. Any ideas on the significance of the white piping? I know the dual colored green and silver were used for Geldverwalter so I am curious if the wearer of this strap had a similar administrative function. Any thoughts from the members?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I like this one Daren , from the embroidery , I would think that this may be from around 1936 to 1940.

I haven't seen these before but my first thought is Streifendienst Darin. I can see from the 1941 regulations that the rank range for SRD Gebietsinspekteur was Obergefolgschaftsführer to Bannführer so there is some support for them perhaps being SRD there. Anyone else any ideas?

Thanks Garry. Would a Bannfuhrer hold this rank in the Streifendienst without command responsibilities? I ask because the strap does not have a Bann number on it.

Hi Darin,

Yes, good point. If this guy is on the Gebiet staff as the SRD Gebietsinspekteur then we would probably expect to see that reflected on the boards. I'll keep digging :)

Back