HJ and DJ musical units - S1, S2 shoulder strap buttons

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I can't find it at the moment but I remember a fairly recent thread here on the forum where the 'S' HJ/DJ musical unit shoulder strap buttons were discussed. The RJF Kulturamt issued an instruction (RB RJF 33/41K dated 5th of Sept 1941) which stated that members of the HJ-Spielgefolgschaft and the DJ-Spielfähnlein wore shoulder strap buttons with 'S1', 'S2' and so on. Members of the musical units within the Gefolgschaft and Fähnlein wore buttons which showed the number of the respective MZ/SZ only i.e no 'S'.

Has anyone ever come across these S1, S2 buttons in a book or photo at all? If I remember correctly the thread I mentioned above contained a date for the introduction of the 'S' button so it would be good to put that information and the info from the instruction I'm quoting together to get the full picture for these musician's buttons.

Edit: found the other thread here.

Cheers Darin. Would you be able to share the source of your info for the 'S' button?

Here's a scan from the Saris book Garry. The italicized text in the thread is quoted from an email from Wim Saris regarding the button.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Excellent Darin. Thanks very much :thumb:

So, the 'S' button is introduced in 1937 and would appear to have been replaced by 1941. Exactly the info I was looking for :)

Edit: for completeness here's the extract I was quoting. It says that members of the Spielgefolgschaften and the Spielfähnlein wore the S1-type button. Members of the musical units below that level wore buttons with the number only.

Attachments

Very interesting informations, I try to observe all buttons encountered for the future

A set from Ebay DE.

Attachments

Hello Darin
I hope you took them. A nice addition for your musicians shoulder boards.

My only

Attachments

Back