HJ Leader custom made straps

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
Open for opinions on these HJ Leaders custom made straps ....

The Black base material is of a velvety cloth , made from the same material as HJ leaders ( Stammfuhrer and above) and WSS Officers outer capband material . Within the inner construction of these boards it looks like a red cloth material was added to creat a padded effect .The corded piping is made from Luftwaffe Officers collar cord in silver braid . The numbers are the later war painted zink style .
These straps have a hole punched in them for a screw in type shoulderboard button , usually for Officers type uniforms . Allot of time and effort was spent on the construction of these shoulderstraps .

I got these cheap from a win on Ebay for 38 dollars .
(The pips and the numbers are worth more than that ).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I saw this (or a similar set) recently on Ebay. The shape and size reminds me of possibly DAF? straps. Odd ones for sure, but the price was cheap as you said.

DAF straps are simular to HJ flak helper straps ( dark blue with light blue piping ) but with rounded ends to them . They have a metal cog wheel with large numbers beneath . The DAF displayed there rank on the upper sleeve of the tunic/blouse .

I feel that these straps are custom made post 1943 .

THESE are very interesting for sure but a couple things make me suspicious being slight difference in length, different toning on pips and same different patinas on the numerals.DID someone try to make a leaders set for some bigger bucks here. I would be happier if all was matching on these IMO

:canada:

Back