HJ Oberbannführer Shoulder boards with gold piping and round buttonhole.

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
These are my new Shoulder Boards. The embroidery is made entirely of plastic thread.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Really wonderful set! I have the twin brothers of this set in my collection, also in Celleon thread. The button grommets are identical as well. Very rare and impossible to find. You are fortunate indeed.

Amazing. I can only hope to find a pair of these someday. I have noticed that some really nice items have come up on the market lately.

I took better pictures. A comparison with the other pair of my collection.

Attachments

Unfortunately, I found out that it is a fake for the OberbannführerShoulder Boards.
The Cellon is not right. A comparison of an original Cellon thread. The embroidery is worked better.

Attachments

yes, there is a difference in quality for sure. Why was plastic thread used for these straps? Because they were for use on the higher leader rain coat? One set has holes for the screw buttons and they were used on the raincoat

I would not yet pass on these as being fakes . They could be lower quaility grade originals made by a different maker .

The Photos posted are of a Gebietsführer strap that Weitze had on his site a few years ago . Personally , I have doubts , the verdict on it being original is still in question.

Just because some insiginas are made with professional skill does not make them originals . Just food for thought .

Attachments

Last edited:
Would any knowledgeable members like to debate the Gold Celleon Oberbannfuhrer straps . I am not convienced that they are bad yet , however ; I do think they need to be discussed in detail .

I am for sure not a "knowledgeable member" on HJ shoulder straps.
But never the less i would like to see these items discussed.
There must be some more evidence what was worn in those days.
The one with three leaves and the two acorns side by side?
Or the other one with two leaves and one acorn on top and one at the lower end?
Or are there even photos of both variants in wear?

Here are mine. They came from Toby Rowen. I believe them to be period and authentic straps. The celleon material appears to be different than the example posted at the start of the thread. My set has somewhat "toned" with age. I recall that strap from Weitze and did not feel very good about it so avoided attempting to buy it. I'm not an expert on celleon by any means at all. The set that Pimpf has posted appear to be like new. I could not say if this is from good storage, or if the set was recently made. These are something I would personally have to see and feel in hand, and compare side by side my the set I own to be absolutely certain about them. Pimpf apparently has another set that appear identical in "toning" and construction to mine in his collection. If he has compared in hand and side by side and does not feel comfortable with the straps I would return them if possible. I'm sure they were too expensive to just take a bullet on and not be comfortable with. Just my opinion, I'm no "expert" by any means, just a guy with a lot of straps in his collection.

Attachments

Personally , I feel that the Celleon pattern Higher leader straps are mid to late war manfactured (1942-45) . Quite possibly made at non RZM specifications as alot of uniform items were manfactured outside of the Reich ... Look at the Italian Heer breast eagles or the Belgium (Reitz) made WSS eagles and cap skulls. Also French made Kreigsmarine insignia . If you are a long time collector as Paul and I are (I have been collecting 3rd reich since 1974 and Paul has been collectin problibly since the mid 60s) You will know that there are many different manfacturing methods to the same type of insignia ... especially from 1942 onwards .

Unfortunately, I can not bring any evidence. I think the processing technology is not good and I've seen other such effects.
Here are a few more pictures of such things. The manufacturer is certainly the same.
In the triangle and the other flap RJF I am also thinking of Faks. That's at least my opinion. Or what do you think?

Attachments

Here the Shoulder boards.

Attachments

Back