HJ Oberkameradschaftsführer NPEA shoulder strap

Makes sense, it's sort of like a US enlisted soldier serving as warrant officer I think, if that comparisson makes sense.

Edit:

This is indeed a scarce strap. I've not seen one before in a collection. Very well done Paul. I'm sure it was not cheap but I would have paid well for it.

Last edited:
I must agree with Wim on this item. A couple of other facts in this thread are not correct: Achern was a girl's school, so it would not be in the picture. Next, no Streifendienst association here as white piping was for all NPEA SBs. I believe that one cannot associate colors with individual schools much after 1936 according to my sources (interviews with former students from various NPEA Schools). Ron Weinand

works for me thanks for the input RON we are a bit more knowledgeable now on this obscure subject

Darrin there was no deal here but I know when to jump and how high:lol: sometimes

I must agree with Wim on this item. A couple of other facts in this thread are not correct: Achern was a girl's school, so it would not be in the picture. Next, no Streifendienst association here as white piping was for all NPEA SBs. I believe that one cannot associate colors with individual schools much after 1936 according to my sources (interviews with former students from various NPEA Schools). Ron Weinand

Hi Ron,
I am sorry but I do not agree with you.
Please excuse me for my stubbornness but between 1943 and 1944 , Achern ( Illenau ) was an NPEA for boys !!!!!
I quote a text in german .
Best regards

Die Nationalsozialisten nutzten daraufhin die ehemalige Anstalt als eine Reichsschule für Volksdeutsche. Fast 4 Jahre lang lebten hier zwischen 400 und 500 Südtiroler Mädchen, deren Eltern 1940 für Deutschland optiert hatten. Sie wurden nach deutschen Schulplänen unterrichtet und zu Beginn vom katholischen Pfarrer aus Oberachem betreut. In einem separaten Gebäude waren 40 Polenmädchen untergebracht; sie waren zum Teil gewaltsam hierher gebracht worden, um eingedeutscht zu werden, da sie alle blond und blauäugig waren. Zwischen 1943 und 1944 war die Illenau eine Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalt für Jungen. 1944 wurde die Illenau geschlossen.

this text was resumed in the archives of Illenau.
We say Achern but the location was in Illenau exactly

Makes sense, it's sort of like a US enlisted soldier serving as warrant officer I think, if that comparisson makes sense.

Edit:

This is indeed a scarce strap. I've not seen one before in a collection. Very well done Paul. I'm sure it was not cheap but I would have paid well for it.

I never thought it was that interesting when I first bought it just saw the NPEA and the wallet came out and now has turned into a 5 page thread with allot of new facts coming out just gets better and the interest becomes more intense

I never thought it was that interesting when I first bought it just saw the NPEA and the wallet came out and now has turned into a 5 page thread with allot of new facts coming out just gets better and the interest becomes more intense

Hi Paul,
I am impressed too by the success of this thread and that prouves that we are all passionate persons.
I must buy a scan to shaw you images because my camera is not high-performance.

Seems these are turning up a lot lately. Here's one I just paid for. It sat on the site for too long, so I bought it. Must be raining NPEA straps.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Seems these are turning up a lot lately. Here's one I just paid for. It sat on the site for too long, so I bought it. Must be raining NPEA straps.

Hi Gefolgschaft,
the NPEA straps pattern 1938, are not rare. On the oher hand, those who are in mint condition, are much more difficult to find. I like yours.
Best regards
Eric

I think the DJ NPEA straps and the AHS straps are much more scarce than the post 1938 pattern NPEA straps. NPEA straps still command a premium price.

you are absolutely right for the DJ NPEA straps.
Mine come from the ex Ed Stadnicki collection and I paid a very high price for them.
I thank the vendor a lot because I am very happy to have them.........

I hope that we shall not be flooded of fakes in the next years because the request for these straps becomes more and more strong every day

Eric, this will happen someday. I've already seen many fake triangles and the quality of them is improving. Straps are sure to follow the same path.

The small hands of the Eastern Europe work magnificently and I do not even speak about Asia :cursing:

actually I feel we may be fairly insulated from the fakers. When you look at the big picture how many folks are really out there after these straps and diamonds plus they do not even have a big stupid swastika on them. I do not think the 10 or 11 die harts like us constitutes a target for at the best high end fakers.:001_rolleyes:

Back